I can't click on my overlay to move it

I can’t tap on or change my overlay to mover it around,
I’ve got an overlay I need to move but I can’t click on it to move it…
I’ve tried to move all other overlays out the way but I can’t click this particular one (screwdriver head)

Refresh the page?

Can you maybe copy the script itself or take a closer picture its really hard to see

1 Like

idk if this would help or even help at all, but is your overlay’s name really “WOODE- BOX” or is it a typo?

1 Like

Are they overlapping?

1 Like

Did you mean a picture of the episode itself or the script?

The overlay is spelt correctly :joy:

1 Like

Ive tried moving all other overlays out the way

oH :joy: then maybe try to put the other overlays in the back first and then try to tap the screwdriver to see if you could move it already :grin:

1 Like

Sometimes what happens is when you have other overlays in the script which have a particularly large margin around them, they overlap the other overlays so you’re unable to click on them.

Did you say you couldn’t select the overlay through the spot directing button in the previewer?
If you are able to, find your overlay there and press ‘bring to the front’ or ‘layer +1’ to move it in front of all the other overlays then try clicking on it again. If you’re still unable to do it, try clicking somewhere else in the previewer and dragging to see if it will move it and the calibration is just off.

What is the overlay you’re trying to move called? Because I don’t see anything about the screwdriver head?

1 Like

I have no idea what is happening I have tried to move all overlays out the way but I’ve also noticed it has for some reason duplicated :thinking:

here is the code so what is supposed to happen is
the reader clicks on the bed overlay and then click on the mirror shard to cut the bed open the screw driver head then appears, when you click the close button the screwdriver head is supposed to shrink along with the bed overlay. sorry if that sounds confusing

label BED
@cut to zone 1

@overlay CLOSE opacity 1 in 0
@overlay CLOSE shifts to 63 225
@overlay BED shifts to 54 63
@overlay BED scales to 1.360 1.360
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD create
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD scales to 1.360 1.360
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD shifts to -1 0
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD opacity 1 in 0
@speechbubble reset

if (SCREWDRIVER =1) {
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD scales to 2.080 2.080
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD shifts to 131 139
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD opacity 1 in 0
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD shifts to layer 3
}
@overlay CLOSE opacity 1 in 0

tappable [pan:1:2]
“CLOTH” {
NARRATOR
What use is that?

goto BED
}
“MIRROR ONSIDE” {
if (CAM =1) {
@overlay FOAM create
@overlay FOAM scales to 1.755 1.755
@overlay FOAM shifts to 156 185
&overlay FOAM opacity 1 in 5
@ui MIRROR ONSIDE shifts to 162 201 in 1
@ui MIRROR ONSIDE shifts to 113 171 in 1
@ui MIRROR ONSIDE opacity 0 in 1
@ui MIRROR ONSIDE shifts to 101 -134 in 0
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD shifts to 171 194
@overlay SCREWDRIVER HEAD scales to 2.080 2.080
@SCREWDRIVER =1
goto BED
}

The problem is it’s so so hard to know how to help when I don’t have it in my own portal :frowning: because I can’t see what is and isn’t happening and can’t try different things out.

I would think it might make more sense to have the reader find the shard first, then cut the bed open? so in that case you would ensure the tappable shard works first so once the reader taps on the shard it would be SHARD +1 so your script may look something like:

label mini_game

tappable [pan:1:2]
“SHARD” {
@SHARD +1
goto mini_game
} “BED” {

if (SHARD =1)
&overlay SCREWDRIVER shifts to #### in #
&overlay SCREWDRIVER scales to #### in #
goto mini_game
}elif (SHARD =0){
NARRATOR
**(example)**Hint: Try finding something to cut the bed open!
}

} “SCREWDRIVER” {
&overlay SCREWDRIVER shifts to #### in #
&overlay SCREWDRIVER scales to #### in #
This would be where you shrink your screwdriver
goto mini_game_end

label mini_game_end
NARRATOR
You did it!

That’s what I’ve come up with if I understood you correctly?

1 Like

Hey I’ve managed to do it now, I just had to add it in a different part of the script, I only added a tiny bit of the script the original is quite long, you do have to find the shard first but in order to get the shard you have to find the hammer to smash the glass.

Well I’m glad you’ve figured it out!
Seems like a super interesting mini-game!

1 Like

Thank you xx it’s actually the story so the while story is actually based on an escape game. I doubt it would be a long story as I’d need to make each chapter long enough to make it worth reading in the first place.

The storyline is based on you the reader waking up in a padded room and having to escape before you are experimented on as well as figure out what they are trying to do and save others. It’s played in first person so you don’t have a main character as you are the character. If that makes sense lol

Makes perfect sense and sounds super interesting!
Let me know once you’ve released it, I’d love to check it out!

1 Like

It’s a long way off yet ha ha ha but I will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.