I can't get fade transitions to work right

Whenever I try to fade out to another scene it like, fades and then shows the previous scene again before showing the new one. How can you smoothly transition in and out between dramatic scenes?

So like, when I do this:

INT. WITCHSBREW_TITLECARD
@transition fade in black 5

NARRATOR
| bold , color:purple |Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

@transition fade out black 3

It has a super weird fade effect and it isn’t smooth at all.

1 Like

did you forget to put “fade” after transition??

also you put “in” after out

1 Like

Nah, that was just a typo from the transfer over to this :sweat:

It’s most likely because you have some other command after or before the transition. Can you post a screenshot of your script?

I’m pretty new to this script language so it’s been confusing me a tad

Okay so the issue is because of all of the other commands after that transition commands. It stays in that scene because those other commands are happening. Place the rest of those commands (lines 2001 to 2010) after the EXT. ELECTRIC TRAP background. You can also just delete the music off on line 1993 since you’re gonna play another music anyways in the next scene.

Remember, everything you want to happen for the next scene needs to go after the background name, not before, otherwise it will be apart of the previous scene.

So it should look like this:

INT. WITCHSBREW_TITLECARD
@transition fade in black 5

NARRATOR
| bold , color:purple |Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

@transition fade out black 3

EXT. ELECTRIC TRAP BACKGROUND
@zoom reset
@speechbubble reset
music music_funeralorgan2
sound ambient_thunderstorm_lp
@set hsl 0 -100 blah blah

1 Like

Hey thanks for looking into this! I’ll try this out~ Fingers crossed it works

1 Like

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much! I’ve been tinkering with that for ages and I didn’t consider that the problem was the order of operations.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.