I can't publish

i wrote the first 3 episodes for my story, and one i clicked publish , it just did nothing…dod you have an idea what is wrong.
i have no errrors in the 3 episodes

3 Likes

Have you checked for:

• Unapproved backgrounds/overlays?
  • Unmade characters?

There’s also a section where they ask you to make sure your story fits the guildlines… have you checked that box?

2 Likes

checked it all, but there was no problem.does it take a while to publish?
1 min or so bc i didn’t wait once i clicked

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure, I’ve never actually published anything but I’ve had lots of friends that have. Honestly, maybe just keep refreshing the portal? My guess would be to wait about 5-10 minutes.

Any longer, you could probably file a support ticket.

2 Likes

Do you have less than 400 lines on any chapters?

I know this isn’t about the topic but i’m kind of new to Episode, can you guys tell me how I can publish a question like this one?

I know mine has taken a bit to publish, and sometimes I have to close out and try again.

1 Like

actually they are 36k but the preview downloaded it hust fine

woahh 36,000 lines?

2 Likes

hello i am a new writer too, see when you enter the forums click on episode you will see a list of categories on the top right you will see create a new topic, but it does not appear before a month from arriving.
i would like yo get o know you , if you want, maybe we can get to be friends?

1 Like

yeah i loke to keep it long

1 Like

i will do so

1 Like

I think that might be your issue. I remember reading somewhere that the limit was 20k or somewhere around that? It may work with the previewer but I’m not entirely sure it will publish with that many lines :thinking:

you could try to copy and paste some of the script into a new chapter and separate them into more chapters rather than just 3 so that there is less lines in each chapter, and then try to publish?

1 Like

i will try it, but can i ask where did you read that, just to be sure because i thought that episode script had no limits

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s true or not, but it’s worth trying

1 Like

yes thank you very much.

1 Like

you’re welcome! :blush: Hopefully it works

1 Like

I would love that, i work on a mobile but if you want we could try to work together on our stories?

1 Like

i would love to

thanks guys it seemed the problem was with my computer that it was tooooo tired to download, fyi episode accepted the 36k lines so that’s good news to those who want to write long chapters

2 Likes