I don't feel comfortable with this story anymore

I have been writing a romance about a nurse and a cop and I am really proud of it
After what happened to George Floyd, I just don’t feel comfortable about posting it anymore
Tensions are high and I feel like the timing is far from OK right now

What should I do?

1 Like

If your story is controversial, then it may be best to publish it later.
There will always be haters, though.
But since you already wrote it, and if there’s nothing wrong with it, you should publish it.

1 Like

I feel like you shouldn’t allow what’s going on in the media at the moment affect your publishing. It’s your story and you worked hard on it. I don’t think it’s insensitive on the level you’re thinking because at the end of the day there are still good cops. There are fair and just cops who aren’t racist who defend people of any background and are just overall great human beings. Don’t let a few rotten eggs spoil the…carton? I guess lol.

2 Likes

If it is controversial, I’d say avoid it entirely but I doubt it would be if you don’t mean to include anything that would be offensive in any way.

1 Like

The cop is very kind and fair, it shows glimpses of him and his partner going after criminals of all races but its not focused on that aspect, its more so about a nurse and a cop who’s careers become linked and they end up falling in love

2 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.