I don't have an error or anthing but its not working

INT. LUNCH ROOM - DAY with BAR TO GET FOOD to 1.000 36 218 in zone 2 with LUNCH ROOM to 1.078 196 1555 in zone 1
&zoom reset
&cut to zone 2
&overlay BAR TO GET FOOD moves to layer -2
&overlay LUNCH ROOM moves to layer 1
&FAITH stands back left AND FAITH moves to layer -1 AND FAITH faces right AND FAITH is eat_pizza_neutral AND HOPE stands back right AND HOPE moves to layer 2 AND HOPE faces left AND HOPE is talk_sit_neutral_loop
@/transition fade in black in 1.6

So I don’t understand why Faith isn’t standing behind the overlay LUNCH ROOM? Did I layer them wrong?

Maybe because you haven’t put Faith in zone 2

I tried that because I want ahead and spotted them where I needed them and when I did that it gave zones with the spots so I have it like this now.

INT. LUNCH ROOM - DAY with BAR TO GET FOOD to 1.000 36 218 in zone 2 with LUNCH ROOM to 1.078 196 1555 in zone 1
&zoom reset
&cut to zone 2
&overlay BAR TO GET FOOD moves to layer -2
&overlay LUNCH ROOM moves to layer 1
&FAITH spot 0.912 23 195 in zone 2 AND FAITH moves to layer -1 AND FAITH faces right AND FAITH is eat_pizza_neutral AND HOPE spot 0.966 184 152 in zone 2 AND HOPE moves to layer 2 AND HOPE faces left AND HOPE is talk_neutral_loop
@/transition fade in black in 1.6
and its still not where I want it the overlay

When it comes to layering characters, it’s best to use spot direction instead of the screen positions (like screen left, back right, etc.).

1 Like

I spot them after I have them in the scene because its the only way I know how to get them in the screen to put them where need. But I wanted ahead and spoted them and then tried resetting the overlay back in i deleted it and reput it and its still behind her instead of in front of her.

Just want to add that your transition code has “/“
I think it should be:
@transition fade in black in 1.6

It has that because when I put it on here I always do @/ so it doesn’t tag anyone its not like that in my script. I tagged someone ones and they got a little upset with me and was like just do it like that so it don’t happen again so I always do that to be sure.

1 Like

Oh lol makes sense, my bad hopefully that didn’t tag anyone :scream:

1 Like

Its okay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay so I just tested your code and the overlay that I used in place of the LUNCH ROOM overlay was wayyyyyy offscreen somewhere. Could that be the same for you?

2 Likes

I just checked and its off screen you’re right idk why it would give me them numbers then because I spotted it where I needed it. its giving me different numbers now. I didn’t realize that thank you I’ll try these numbers and see if they work :slight_smile: Still learning and its a little confusing at times lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The new numbers worked thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.