I don't know if my story is against the new quidelines?!

So I was wondering cuz I suck at understanding stuff, how do I know if my story is against it?

The story is basically about assassins that kill for money. Of course it has other stuff in it too so it’s not all the time all about killing people. I changed the cover so it doesn’t have guns. but is killing allowed in the story? I read that you can’t explain it or show graphic images of it and not too much blood can be shown.

But is it alowed to show the MC shooting a person or stabbing a sperson, and then use a some blood overlay? Cuz that’s what I have in my story that makes me worry about it breaking quidelines? Also is cursing allowed or not?

From what I understood (so seek for a second opinion because I’m still confused as well) you can show someone shooting/stabbing and show a little bit of blood. But you can’t show them dying, show their corpse, describe it in details and such things that could trigger someone. Also violence shouldn’t be used too often, for example if you kill someone at each scene. No, you can’t curse, if you want to curse you need to use asterisks, like this: f**k

Okay thanks that helps.

But what I don’t get is what they mean by not showing them dying, like is it allowed to use the faint animation to show they die, or like having them be in the background dead.

Do you know if it’s allowed to have like one scene where someone kills 3 people and one scene where one gets killed in the same chapter? Or is it too much.

I have absolutely no idea about this, I’m really sorry :sweat_smile:

I think that this is ok as long as the next chapter is more chill. This was also an old guideline so I’m pretty positive about it (but we can never be too sure!)

1 Like

Okay well thanks a lot now I have less to worry about in my story :smiley:

And about the faint animation… I guess I’ll just have to wait and see if it’s accepted unless nobody else happens to inform about it here

1 Like

@Tyler is one of our story reviewers; he might know. :smiley:

Maybe this might help?

I don’t know how to send a support ticket :sob::joy:

Hi @inkkee

You can request that one of our fantastic Story Reviewers much like myself review your story by making a ticket! Here’s where you can make one: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please refer to the post above from @Tyler for all answers regarding submitting a story to the team for review. Thanks! :yay: