I don't know what to do anymore

It might take a while to get reads up since it’s a new story but I tend to read stories with more chapters so I can bulk - read (or binge read) them, I tend to ignore stories with only a few chapters because I’m just impatient and very forgetful. Try promoting, search for self promo threads, create an insta for your story and find other episode insta’s to get your story known a bit more. With time you’ll get more views, take a small break for a day or two after promoting, go for a walk (or whatever makes you feel better) and then check back and repeat! (And remember, even some of the best took ages to get popular :wink: )

1 Like

It’s not for pity, it’s to help promote your story!

1 Like

I know, it sucks when you’ve spent ages on a story and it’s not getting as many reads as you hoped. Episode really needs to have a page for “New Stories” :woman_facepalming::heart:

Have you tried doing read for reads? x

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

My first story had 200 reads after two months, and it was featured after almost half an year. I know how you feel, but don’t give up on it. You can promote it here, on Instagram, on Facebook, do R4R and everything you can think of.

1 Like

This is honestly very normal, especially if it’s your first story.
While I’m not a fan of read-for-reads, they can definitely help at the start (and sometimes you can find readers who’ll continue your story that way). Regularly publishing helps too as some people don’t like to read stories until they have more episodes.
Do you have IG? Promoting there helps, but of course it’s more effective if you have followers.

I’m not a new author, but I published a new story recently. Before promoting, I gained 10 reads in a day. After promoting, I gained 200+ in a day. So promotion makes a difference and unfortunately for new authors, having some sort of following helps too. Really you just need to stick it out. We all started where you are.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks 5 reads in 3 days is a lot? Lmao

A lot of new authors have their stories go unnoticed. It’s really hard to gain reads if you’re new. There’s a “new stories” section, but nobody ever checks it. Here are some ways I’ve seen people get reads:

Add an eye-catching cover and description, it will get people’s attention.

Ask for reviews, do review for review, it can help to hear other people’s opinions and what you can improve on. It also gets you readers.

Make an IG account and promote your story, look for profiles that advertise stories and interact with the episode community on IG.

Make a thread promoting your story, promote your story on threads that ask for recommendations. Do reads for reads.

And the most annoying alternative: name yourself READ MY STORY PLS and follow every single person you come across on the app. please don’t

Getting reads requires a lot of work, but in the end it’s worth it. Write because of your love for it, not reads.

5 Likes

I learned that when I was writing yesterday that I am writing because I enjoy it

1 Like

That’s great!

1 Like

Lol, no. My first story gained the first read after 2 weeks. For my first contest entry it took me one week, and by that time I was already on the forums and I even shared the story in 3 threads. Anyone who knows how I hate self-promotion would agree that that’s a lot from me :smiley:

@Night_mare, besides what was already mentioned, I would add that being active on the forums might help a little, and maybe adding keywords that people might search for. But from my experience, the best way to gain reads is updating as much as you can

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.