I don't like romance stories

As someone who reads most of the categories on episode, I’m desperate to escape the clutches of romance. These clutches aren’t because I wanted to read these stories, it’s because romance authors put one element of soft magic and said “poof, fiction”. I appreciate episode trying to do something about it with one of their recent announcements. I’m just tired of seeing authors gaining millions of views from a hackneyed topic, especially when they put a romance story in the drama category. DON’T. PUT. IT. THERE. THANKS. (It’s fine to have love interests in other categories, just don’t make the whole story based on their relationship.)

11 Likes

Lowkey feel this lol romance stories just make me sad bc I think abt how I’ll never have it plus some authors unrealistically describe love and it gives me unrealistic expectations.

1 Like

I personally agree with you. Romance stories really bore me, cause it’s always just the same storyline. And when people put their stories in the wrong category ugh it pisses me off :expressionless:. But I mean, if people like writing them and reading them, then eh whatever :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

True.

1 Like

The same storyline part is what agitates me the most.

2 Likes

It’s so unrealistic I could go on a whole rant defending putting those types of romance stories in the fiction category🤣.

2 Likes

Plus, you shouldn’t feel sad, you probably will have one someday. :slight_smile:
I prefer non-romantic stories, or logically romantic stories like “The Hunger Games”. Peta and Gale both had benefits and pitfalls, Katniss chose the one that could prioritize and understand her the best over the one she had the strongest feelings for originally.

2 Likes

Romance stories are just not my cup of tea, and idk how but they gain alotttt of reads :eye::lips::eye: LIKE I WAS JUST SEEING THE SECTION AND LIKE EVERY STORY HAS MILLIONS OF VIEWS WHEREAS MYSTERY AND COMEDY NOT HAVE THAT MANY VIEWS- romance and drama category are overrated :disappointed: no offense to anybody who loves it tho- :full_moon_with_face:

5 Likes

Omg true though, the drama category is definitely misused. As drama is supposed to be an emphasis on real life events, which tend to be dystopian societies or science fiction. Which I think is even more annoying due to people putting their romance in what could be a pretty interesting genre for the shelves.

3 Likes

Comedy is honestly my favourite genre, btw. : )

3 Likes

SAMEEEE and mystery too :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

I like every category tbh.
But to be honest, not all episode stories are supposed to be realistic.
Readers enjoy reading it so authors produce content that their readers will enjoy.
I mean, we all know that vampires dont exist but I love reading vamp stories.

I just dont like it when the Li and Mc are together within the first 5 episodes.
That isn’r romance and drama.
That’s just beat and delete.

5 Likes

OMG you just spoke my mind!!!

1 Like

Glad I could :joy: :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like