I don't normally do this but is anyone an advanced coder and can help me with my first story

I really need a coder its taking quite long for me to code my stroy and so i was wondering if someone could help me…

1 Like

Can I give you some advice instead?

Learning how to code takes a long time. Its complicated, frustrating and there have been many times that I, myself, have come on and off the portal and given up. But if you are serious about wanting to learn to do something, and writing a good story, and if you put the effort in you WILL get there, I promise, and then you will have something you can 100% call your own and the sense of achievement will be huge!

Just because it takes long to code, doesn’t mean you should give up:) once you know it, it sticks with you and you’ll be able to code so so much more efficiently.

Take your time with your story, I know you must feel so so desperate to get it out there and show it off to the world, but take some time and make sure it’s perfect, the world can wait! There are lots and lots of resources out there to help you learn for example: Dara Amarie’s guides and templates, Joseph Evan’s YouTube tutorials, Episode’s guides in the help section on the portal.

And of course, if you encounter any problems people on the forums will always be here to help you!

I’m not saying you shouldn’t ask for someone to code your story, I’m just encouraging you to persist with it and be patient as it is a process and you WILL get there!

I am an advanced coder, so I am happy to help you with a few things, however I truly encourage you to try your best, as advanced coding DOES take a long time in general, and not everybody will have that time and attention to spare, but may be willing to share some good tips with you!

12 Likes

its not that i cant code its just i dont always have time im only asking for a coder because i dont have as much time as i would like

2 Likes

If you want my personal advice I would say code it yourself, learn.
I understand that you don’t have time but don’t make someone else do it.
If you simply don’t have time then maybe take a break from writing on here UNTIL you do get time.

7 Likes

Can I ask what’s the rush?

I think as well, if you dont have time then I would probably be expecting to pay for someone elses as it’s kind of like a transaction. That’s just from experience however.

You may be able to find someone to code for you, that’s just my piece of advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You guys are right ill code it myself after all!

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement

2 Likes

I agree, I’m making a story of my own atm and I understand that I don’t have as much time as other do to write so just take your time, learn to code yourself, it’s an amazing achievement to learn to code and you’ll be extremely proud of yourself, I promise you.

3 Likes

Yay! I’m glad you figured it out.

2 Likes

You’ll feel so so much better afterwards, I swear!

Even if it takes longer, the platform isnt going anywhere and also once you start getting more and more reads, your readers will want regular updated and if you dont have time for schedule like that i would personally take a good few months trying to get as many episodes done as possible for a bulk release to give you some time afterwards to write and release new ones!

1 Like

no no no- I just got kicked off the episode site and it deleted the chapter…

1 Like

Want another piece of advice? For this particular situation when- for example my wifi goes out, I would copy and paste the coding into a google doc for extra security.

1 Like

Your chapter should still be there after you created it, if you have regularly saved it there would be no reason for the chapter to be deleted if the page refreshed itself.

2 Likes

Oh it didnt delete thank god…

3 Likes

im good :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad you’ve decided to do it yourself! I started learning how to code in May last year and I hated it so much. I actually remember thinking to myself that I should just find someone to code for me, but I never got to the point of actually looking. Now, not even a year later, I am mostly known for my advanced coding and it’s my favourite part of creating on Episode! I also do coding commissions, and I’m now the person I was basically looking for last year. It’s a skill and it takes time and hard work, but when you start to really understand how to control the code, you can create some really beautiful and inventive things in just a fraction of the time it’s taking you now.

4 Likes

I’m glad! Make sure you are saving your work often!

2 Likes

you guys are to nice :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is the same as me :slight_smile:

I’ve had a few coding commissions now, but always try to encourage the author to learn themselves first. I also have a google drive with guides if they need some extra help!

3 Likes

Oh, that’s so nice that you have a drive! I have a whole bunch of guides I’ve written on here saved for quick access, too. I’m the exact same- I’m always happy to explain to someone exactly how to do something if they’re interested in learning for themselves :blush:

2 Likes