I don't normally do this but is anyone an advanced coder and can help me with my first story

These are the things I love about this community. Most if not all people are incredibly willing to help others, and it’s just such a nice feeling being apart of something that allows others to express their love of story telling!

2 Likes

hey can someone help me with something for the coding though :))

What do you need?

Of course! What do you need help with?

zooms :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

What’s the problem with the zooms?

Im trying to do it like the advanced stories but its hard

You would need to explain more about what you mean like “advanced stories” as zooming is mostly basic directing stuff.

Send us your script and what you want to happen and we can figure this out :slight_smile:

oh yea moving zooms

where they move alone with the character

like if their running or walking

Do you have a looping background?

what do you mean?

So is your background one that moves or a static one, you know sometimes the highway backgrounds move.

im still confused sorry

Okay easiest way to do this, is zoom onto your character at their start position to begin with so your script looks like this:

&(zoom command here)
@CHARACTER (spot directing here)

Then when you want you zoom to follow your character, move your character to the end position they walk to, and carefully move the zoom to the characters new position by carefully dragging your mouse trying to keep it in line if you want it to look crisp.

Take the zoom command and put it above your walking command like this:

&zoom (command here) in (however many seconds your character walks for)
@CHARACTER walks to spot (spot here) in (same amount of seconds your zoom moves for)

Does your background have the word LOOP in it?

oh its a custom backround

Okay so use the guide above.

However, if you are using default positions e.g. @CHARACTER stands screen center in zone 1 in 3 AND CHARACTER faces right

And

@CHARACTER walks to screen center in zone 2 in 3 AND CHARACTER faces right

As an example.

And you arent actually zoomed but want the camera to follow the character. You can use this command before your character walking command:

&follow CHARACTER to screen center in zone 2

1 Like

Is there a way to do it withou spot directing