I don't normally do this but is anyone an advanced coder and can help me with my first story

Because i wanted my character to run into different scenes

You do have to spot direct the zoom, I’m afraid if you aren’t using the &follow command.

Keep in mind the follow command only works for default positions and not advanced spot directing e.g. @CHARACTER walks to spot x y % in zone 2 in 2

1 Like

If you send me over your script, I can take a look at it for you in my portal :slight_smile:

AMETHYST (talk_confused_mindblown)
I’m going to be so late

@AMETHYST exits right AND AMETHYST is run_athletic_neutral_loop

music music_breezy
volume music 50 2000

INT.AMETHEST BEDROOM

@AMETHYST enters from right to screen left AND AMETHYST is run_athletic_neutral_loop

@AMETHYST exits left AND AMETHYST is run_athletic_neutral_loop

INT.DORM LIVINGROOM

@AMETHYST enters from right to screen left AND AMETHYST is run_athletic_neutral_loop

EXT.ANCIENTS ACADEMY

INT.SCHOOL LOBBY

@MARGERY stands screen center

@OPHELIA stands screen right AND OPHELIA faces left

@AMETHYST enters from right to screen right AND AMETHYST is run_athletic_neutral_loop

@AMETHST stands screen right AND AMETHYST faces right

AMETHYST (deepbreath)

(finally)
AMETHYST (talk_exhausted)
I’m here girls

1 Like

Ohhh umm, this is a good coding template for a beginner but my advice would be if you want an advanced script you would HAVE to learn spot directing, NOT the @enters from _____ because spot directing is soooo much more accurate.

oh i know what spot directing is i chose not to use it because of what the scene before included

1 Like

The character had to walk into different rooms so thats why i did it like that

See i used spot directing at the end

I would recommend using spot directing no matter what the scene entails, just because it is much more dynamic and flexible :slight_smile:

Can someone tell me how you make the characters move with the spot directing?

Check out my beginner’s guides here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1FWZxjqM41NoBqWnmHVyc0w3tlkSVzngR

I update every week.

1 Like

You can do it! I started coding only about six months ago and I already feel pretty confident. :slight_smile: I used to really hate it, but I’m actually able to look forward to it now!

1 Like

How do you add an animation though?

To a character? Or how to animate an overlay?

An animation to what?

The walking?

It would literally be for example @CHARACTER walks to spot 0.926 56 281 in zone 2 in 3 AND CHARACTER faces right AND CHARACTER does it while [if you want to use a walk animation here]

If you just want the neutral walk, you do not have to specify the walk animation as it will default to neutral when you use “walks to”

Either way, you CAN use default positions, but like others have said it’s more dynamic to use advanced spot directing and in this case you NEED to have the spot directing in there and can’t avoid it. If you check out my guides I sent you on Beginner’s directing in my drive, it will help explain it a little more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you guys help me again :))

Sorry to bother …

I can probably help, although it depends on what you need help on. What is it?

Oh how do you set like a timer for a specific background?

1 Like

I recommend watching Joseph Evans’ videos on youtube. They’re great for learning how to code! He has videos on tons of topics.

2 Likes