I feel like such an idiot! 😭

I feel like a spammer asking for help about my characters, but I’m new at this writing, so I’ll need all the help before publishing in a million years!

Summary

Okay, so I thank @LifeIsMyAesthetic (sorry Amphia, didn’t mean to tag you!) for helping me figure out that Carol from my unpublished story is Native American, but learning a bit about U.S. History in school and doing research, I just realized that Carol being Native American means that she’s from the USA! (I’m stupid🤦🏽) Idk why I thought it was different from modern America (maybe because of it’s history, Idk. But how could I not know my own country?!). So what does this have to do with Carol? Well, I know her ethnicity is basically just American, but the question is what type of American? For some reason, she just doesn’t look like a plain white person. Her skin is naturally this golden brown tone in LL, and her hair and eyes are different than normal too. I feel like I’m overthinking this and I need help about her. What is her race?! Here is what she looks like:

No tags because I can’t think of any specific forum user… If you think she’s white, that’s fine. But I just don’t think so… 🤷🏽

4 Likes

Maybe she is a mixed with something?

You think she’s mixed with two races?

I mean the friends I know who are native americans are usually mix.

Just ignore me :joy:

1 Like

I’ll think about it for a bit… :thinking: You might be right and I think I really have been overthinking this…

1 Like

A little bit spanish mixed w/ white.
(You don’t have to do this) But maybe change the hair color to something darker? Maybe that’s why it looks a lil weird :woman_shrugging:t5: No hate tho!

1 Like

Sounds like it could work, but Carol Heart is not a Spanish full name. The name Carol, though, has been inspired (is that the word for it) by the Latin name Carolus. Does that mean I would have to change the name, or…

1 Like

She doesn’t really look like a Carol :rofl: Maybe search up a list of ethnicities and see if you could outline her a little more?

I think I’ll do that and see which type of race I’ll stick with

2 Likes

What if Carol was partly (like 1/3 for example) Spanish? Would that work? How does mixed race work? If someone was 1/3 Spanish, does that mean there’s a chance they know some Spanish or have a Spanish accent? (Sorry if these sound like dumb questions. As far as I know, I’m not good with race, culture, or ethnicity except my own :disappointed:)

1 Like

If her hair were a tad bit darker she would kinda look like shes polynesian :woman_shrugging:t5: :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

I don’t think she white is she mixed with something??
She doesn’t look like Carol to me.

2 Likes

I honestly haven’t thought about it. After asking about her ethnicity, I didn’t go any farther regarding her race except with the rest of my cast (which btw, majority of them are black), which is why I need help with how mixed races work. I’m also looking at pictures of Latin American girls, names, and research on Spanish culture.

1 Like

Yeah you should definitely look more into her race

1 Like

She’s mixed with latin and what else?

You mean if she looked like this?

I hate how new and improved Carol looks, but she honestly looks much better.

2 Likes

Maybe white, (?) but I still don’t think so :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I actually like that hairstyles way better!
Why do you hate it?

Maybe because I did like the way she used to look, but not so much anymore. I think I’ll save this character design.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about it… Does Carol look like a Selena? Or else, could someone give me suggestions for a different Spanish name (Or Latin American or something)?