I finally came out ! ✨

as the title says, ive finally came out to my parents as gay :eyes::heartbeat: ik u don’t know me and I don’t know u, but this is reallyyyyyy big for me, and I kinda just wanna share it, cause why not?

my experience

so, my family are stout christians. and because of that, they think homosexuality is a huge sin. And so I thought that as well. When I was like 11, I was so scared as I was sinning because I thought of kissing a girl, so I forced myself to date this guy who ‘liked’ me. it was horrible. I felt absolutely nothing for him, but I didn’t wanna hurt his feelings. I didn’t know what was right and what was wrong anymore. I thought that girl+boy = good, and girl+ girl= sin. until yesterday, when I realized that god made me, and he obviously made me this way for a reason. it’s not my fault I like girls; I didn’t choose. and so I came out to my parents. I’m not gonna lie and say it was all roses and we all had a big hug and laughed about it. my mum started crying and my dad looked at me like I wasn’t something human, and told me to go to my room. I felt disgusted, and horrible. I wished and prayed that I liked boys instead of girls, but ik it’ll never happen. But this morning, I woke up feeling so free. My parents still aren’t talking to me, which is ok. it’s gonna take a while, but the important thing is that I’ve accepted who I am, and I love myself.

TLDR; I came out, and I’m proud of it. after all, gay means happy too :prideheart:

so dear reader, if you’re still stuck in the closet, just know that you’re beautiful and amazing and wonderful and perfect just the way you are. and if you ever need someone to rant to or just to talk, pm me! I’ll be waiting for you. till then, ily🌹

-j

images (61)

53 Likes

Congrats!

6 Likes

ty bb :pleading_face: :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Hey well done! Maybe I don’t know you, but I’m super happy for you all the same! :see_no_evil:
It’s a shame to hear about your parents, but so long as you’re happy that’s all that matters and hopefully they’ll see that too!
Never spoken to you before, but yay, congrats!! :blob_hearts:

8 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking (cuz I’m sorta in the same situation but sorta in the closet kinda)
How did you realize you were gay? Or more than realize, how did you come to terms with it?

U don’t have to answer if you don’t want to :sweat_smile: or maybe a PM would be better… Idk sorry :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Congrats :]
I’m happy for you! <3

6 Likes

Happy for you!

5 Likes

This is so wonderful to hear! I’m very happy for you <3
And sorry to hear that your parents aren’t speaking to you :confounded:

7 Likes

Congrats on accepting yourself and coming out. Though your parents don’t support you yet, you at least found yourself and came out to yourself.
It’s amazing your out and able to accept yourself :blush:.

5 Likes

ty angel, it means sm :heavy_heart_exclamation:

no it’s totally okay! just pm and me and I’d love to answer :sparkles:

ty, I’m happy for me to :sparkling_heart:

tysm !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heavy_heart_exclamation:

tysm love :gift_heart: and it’s okay, I kinda saw it coming anyway haha :star2:

6 Likes

yes it really is !! and tysm :cupid::kiss:

4 Likes

congratulations!!

4 Likes

Congrats

3 Likes

Omg congrats!! I know we are strangers to each other, but I’m so proud and happy for you!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :blob_hearts:

4 Likes

Congratulations!! I know that coming out is a very hard thing to do, and I really really hope your parents eventually come around! (:

5 Likes

OMG CONGRATS!!! It’s not easy to accept yourself especially in a homophobic environment

6 Likes

I am so so happy for you! :blob_hearts: :prideheart: I hope that your parents are gonna realise what a strong and brave child they have and accept you for who you are! You deserve it! Coming out takes a lot of courage and I admire you so much! :prideflag: I only wish I could be as brave as you are :pleading_face: I am very very happy that you finally embraced your true self and I hope you will keep doing it! Best of luck and happy prideeee :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:

6 Likes

That’s amazing! I’m so happy for you! I know coming out takes a lot of courage and I’m glad at least you are happy.

5 Likes

congratulations, im so proud of you !! :))

5 Likes

Congratulations! :’D

5 Likes