I finally came out ! ✨

I know I am an atheist, but I still hope this will help, I have a lot of believers in my family and I understand the concept of faith and why people believe in God and how much it can mean to them… so according to the Bible the God is our creator, so what about lgbtq+ people? According to that logic, the God is their creator too, do you really think that God doesn’t accept lgbtq+ people, it literally makes 0 sense, if he created us why would he resent us if he made us who we are… On top of that, committing a sin is a choice, people choose to lie, to steal, to cheat etc. BUT YOU CAN’T CHOOSE YOUR SEXUALITY! So why would God punish humans and think they are committing a sin over something that is literally not in their power to decide. So I really don’t get (homophobic) people who say they believe in God and then claim that God doesn’t accept lgbtq+ community, like ask you homophobic a** what does the Bible teach us? God created us in his image, so what, did God make a mistake? Not likely! But even if homophobes choose to believe that, isn’t it also stated that God is very forgiving because we are all his children in the end or something like that? So either way, no matter who says what, there is a place for you in heaven/paradise, God loves you and I think if he did exist, by everything we know, it would actually sadden him that his children are devided by something that is supposed to be a beautiful thing, and that is love! Love is love, and that’s it, I think that in the end everything that matters is that you are happy with who you are and that you treat others with kindness, imo with everything the Bible is teaching, if God exists I think that would be the only things he would care about, and not with whom we fell in love with… and if he did care about that, he certainly wouldn’t consider it a sin. Remember that you are loved and if you love and accept yourself nothing else matters! True friends and family will accept you for you no matter what, cause love is not conditional and if someone really loves you, then that person would never think badly about you over something like this! Best of luck, remember that you are loved and I really hope this helped! If you ever need anything feel free to pm me! :heart:

8 Likes

Congrats! So happy for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rainbow_flag:

3 Likes

Proud of you! It’s okay to be gay, it’s normal and natural!

3 Likes

The original Bible never had a thing about homosexuality being a “sin”. In the 1940s, some guy payed bible makers to add homophobic trash to the Bible.

6 Likes

How wonderful! Congratulations!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rainbow::sunny:

Hopefully your parents will come around, but I’m so happy you’re proud of yourself. I’m proud of you too!

4 Likes

congrats :partying_face:

4 Likes

Aw, congratulations! I’m so happy for you! <3

3 Likes

I’m so happy for you! I know how scary it is to come out! In fact I’m still not out to my dads side of the family since their super homophobic and wouldn’t be supportive of my gender identity or sexuality.

4 Likes

I’m late but congrats! that’s a big step :3

3 Likes

Congratulations girl!!!

3 Likes

Congrats! I actually recently came out as aromantic so I’m proud of the queers community. :smile: : )

4 Likes

Edit to my above (aka when I was in the closet): I came out yesterday, via forced to. My mom kinda forced me to come out to her, then she asked me “why do you put a label on yourself, you label your self this way but don’t know your identity” (15 mins later after talking about "who am I and why I identify as ace and why I identify as hatian American when I don’t know much about the culture, that I was never taught about), after That-
My mom asked me why I keep secrets from her and why I didn’t tell her (after trying to deflect the question), I kinda told her she is scary, judgemental, bipolar and seems homophobic and an anti-lgbtqia person. (Lets just say we spent q0min talking about, more like her explaining, that she wasn’t homophobic she just doesn’t understand the community or why so many letters.) So there’s that, then we ended back up on the whole identity thing (in conclusion to that, supposably I need a therapist because I don’t know my meaning in life, ‘this is why I hate doctors, recommend stuff no one asked for and then every time you have a “problem” related to it your parent brings up the doctors suggestion’)

So after allllll that, my mom tried (she really did try) to learn about the LGBTQIA+ community (but kept questioning why google put like 20 letters) and said she supports me still, and then she ended up questioning if she was under the ace umbrella since I was telling her about this one type of ace where basically because of an event in your life you no longer like / experience s*xual attraction. She also made a bunch of ace jokes (non offensive ones) and tried to learn the definitions and identities under the umbrellas

In all- this was probably the most awkward, annoying yet kinda happy and weird and sad Convo ever.

(Not to discourage anyone just sharing my story)

4 Likes

I’m very happy for you. This is a very sensitive topic that not everyone can reveal. And not everyone can admit even to himself who he really is. I wrote an essay about coming out. And thanks to the experts https://supremestudy.com/homosexuality I understood where I made mistakes. I believe you have taken the right step in your life.

4 Likes

CONGRATSS!! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

That was a rollercoaster to read! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m bi

3 Likes