I got 300 reads!

Hello, t’is I!

So here I am hitting you up with some of my favourite moments from each episode of Crossed Paths so far!! I will be adding bits of trivia and facts too :smiley:

Episode One:

This was a piece of narration to help hint at how much trauma what Mindy went through as well as showing how strong and close Joanne’s friendship is with Mindy.

One of my close friends read my story and said how much Derek resembles one of my old crushes. It is not true but I made Derek into the type of guy I usually like - guys with dark hair and I didn’t add a beard to Derek but I have a thing for stubble & beards too.

We all lowkey have a little version of us on our shoulders - one is a Devil and one is an Angel. Devil Mindy is a bit of a risk taker and does not live to regret anything.
Angel Mindy on the other hand is one to play it safe to avoid getting hurt.

A lot of emotional monologues I write usually are improvised - however, I plan the main structure and dialog in the story meticulously :joy:

The telepathic communication is a little ode to The Blank Page, goddamn I love that story so much!

I am so lame but I made myself laugh with this snippet of dialogue. I tend to find myself funny

LMAO this was me being a dork adding a reference to the Title

Episode Two:

This is a little personal reference. Basically, I had a philosophy teacher who would tell us about his girlfriend. At first it was so cute but then it became irritating. Once, he managed to turn the story of how he got his girlfriend into a lesson. :joy:

In the old Crossed Paths, Miara never existed! Instead there was Megan who Mindy met at a smoothie bar but I decided to introduce Miara which is basically a deluxe version of Megan.

I have one group of close friends and we affectionately call each other hoes so this is a little reference for them.

Miara is one for melodramatics and so am I. Irl I have very little shame when it comes to acting like a goofball and can act like a maniac in public when with the right people. I give no craps sometimes haha

Miara loves to dance and sing badly as do I but sorry my crappy performances are not going to be released to the public.

Episode Three:

Did I forget to mention? Miara loves people just as much as she loves food. This is the beginning for poor Derek who is a victim of Miara’s heavy flirtation.

This was one way of showing my thoughts that being intimate is not only about getting to know someone physically but emotionally too

These are a few screenshots of Mindy’s past with her ex. Personally, these flashbacks are my favourite moments from what I have written so far. The ex’s identity is deliberately hidden and good God the zooming adjustment to hide his face took a while lol

Episode Four:

This is part of a dream sequence. These are all the milestones Mindy expected to hit with her ex and is something she still feels hurt about.

The thing said about the flower was written from the top of my head. I didn’t remember what a priest/minister says when marrying two people so I did a hell of a lot of googling as well as scraping my mind for gooey romantic crap.

Inspiration for Mindy’s lateness was drawn from a personal experience. My alarm went off and I thought I could sleep for a good 10 minutes then wake up ready to go but guess what? I was disgustingly late and I refused to go to the lecture room. The lecturer was a frightening woman and the last thing I wanted to experience was her wrath so I spared myself the shame.

This was the lecturer whose lecture I was late for. Bloody Hell she was an intense woman. She loved fungi a lot, screamed at people, was a bit patronising in labs and was super posh. She was a very old-school lecturer which was a bit of a shock to the system :sweat_smile:

Idgaf I find this excellent for so many reasons

I made this aunty the aunty of aunties. I accumulated the judgyness of a lot of aunties and made a monster aunty. :joy::joy:

Brb I think I pooped my pants

Episode Five:

This is a little reference as my friend would talk about me to her other friends abroad and aww, she spoke highly of me which I found really touching.

I have always wanted a running buddy but none of my friends want to go running with me so this was a nice way for me to live through Mindy and get a running buddy despite Miara’s protests

So this is the moment it is revealed that Derek is a maniac who is going to kill Mindy. I kid - Derek is just being a big dork.

FINALLY MINDY GONNA GET THAT DCKKK. Seriously calm down pls, this is Crossed Paths not In My Bed or It Starts with a Bra :frog::coffee:*

Episode six. Well, it is mainly Mindy’s dad jumping down Karl’s throat. That counts as a highlight episode :joy::joy::joy:

SO RIGHT EPISODE SEVEN. YOU MAYYYY GET TO MEET ANOTHER GUY BUT HE IS NOT A MAIN LOVE INTEREST.

I AM HERE DROWNING IN READ FOR READ THREADS AND STUFF BUT I SHALL SWIM IN THE POOL RELENTLESSLY!

Damn, that was a lot of caps lock :joy::joy:

You need to make the right choice despite me being a firm believer in the idea of the no right and no wrong ideology but in this case, if you screw up - lmao at you (joking, you’re going to be blessed with watching Dad and Karl back at it again!)

Oh guys, this is such a sad thread. Just me updating myself on my story :joy::joy::joy::joy:

It’s not sad! You’re only promoting the best story of all time!!! Can I call myself a #2 fan? I’m not sure #1 yet, but definitely #2!!!

1 Like

Awwww awesome and thanks :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

95 reads! Woop woop! Hopefully, 5 more to go!

I told some people to read it, you should have 100 soon :smile:

1 Like

OH MY GOD! I think the universe blessed me with the most epic twin in the universe! Thank you soooo much!

OH YOU BLESSING! I got 102 reads :sob:

Congrats! :tada: :blush:

1 Like

Imma ugly cry now :joy::joy:

Aww wait until you get 1000 reads, then you can cry :smile:

AW I think I will cry a new river. In our honour I will call it the River of Dreams :joy::joy::joy:

that name sounds kind of sad… :joy: as if we drowned our dreams in there

1 Like