I hate gang bois

also the storyline and dialogue of a gang story is usually really boring, cliche, and unrealistic and the gang member/LI tends to be a jerk…

1 Like

Now I’m intrigued to co-write with you :thinking: once I’m done my current project

1 Like

I guess it’s similar to the “bad boy” fantasy. But I do agree, some are badly written/directed.

I hope that’s going well, by the way!

1 Like

Please do. I’d read that :joy:

It is!! I’ve had writer’s block for some while now but it’s moving faster than I expected it to :smiley: Thank you!

& @LaurelleE27 I’m definitely going to try :joy:

2 Likes

Is your episode username the same?

Should be! :slight_smile:

I love bringing people together

1 Like

Truly the queen of episode

1 Like

I love you

1 Like

I think it’s a combination of the “bad boy epidemic,” for lack of a better way to describe it, along with having readers and authors who are into these stories but have no idea what it’s like to really live in the midst of that kind of terrible violence. I can’t imagine they would if they knew.

2 Likes

ILYT queen
Image result for stan twitter gif

Literally gang stories be like;
-Girl witnesses crime (mainly murder)
-Gang members options:
-Kill the girl (realistic) to avoid any witnesses OR
-Take her to the boss who has nothing else to do, in the process she’ll be able to remember faces, locations and other details of the gang :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:
-Gang leader sees girl and thinks she’s hot, but still treats her badly
-Gang leader options:
-Kill the girl (which his men should’ve done in the first place) to avoid witnesses OR
-Have babies with this random girl your men found :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Because people are diverse/open minded and attracted to different characteristics portrayed by different people :nerd_face:

2 Likes

What?? It’s giving young people the perspective that every gang member has a rough exterior with a mushy sexy inside, but that’s not the case. Gangs distribute drugs, which ruin and end lives. They kill people, which isn’t sexy at all. There isn’t a gang of a couple sexy chill guys that wouldn’t hurt you, there are gangs that rape, murder, and traffick weapons and rob people. If a person shot someone in front of you or committed a crime within your range, you shouldn’t be like “uwu. He’s so sexy and dangerous”. Making gangs look like a joke in episode is a spit in the face to all the lives ruined by reAl life gangs. I’m all for diversity but glorifing gang members isn’t a part of that

8 Likes

Just because someone is perceived by some as a negative influence does not mean that people are not attracted to that. Look at television, movies. and yes, even books/novels. There always has been and is still a demand for stories about gang’s, the mob, violence, etc. This is the world we live in and the facts of the matter.

3 Likes

I think people have stated this before, but I wanna say something :man_shrugging:

1. I think it kind of depends on how it’s written. Reality is a gang story, but it’s not cliche even with the whole “falling in love with a gang leader” because it’s actually realistic and dark. I love it.

2. It falls under the bad boy reasoning of “wanting danger in life” or “the mystery” or “changing the love interest to be a better person”

3. Everybody has a type :man_shrugging: I have an episode crush on a murder but like, I ain’t gunna join a gang for him or fall in love with him. He’s just hot :sweat_smile: but like i know that i’m not going to have a crush on a real life murderer, that’s completely messed up.

4. Some people can be made for gangs and a dangerous lifestyle, while I don’t think this is the point of the gang cliche, but in the few I’ve read that’s how it is. The girl is already a criminal or in the mafia/gang so she likes another mafia/gang member.

but idk and people have probs already said this

1 Like

I don’t think anybody is saying there isn’t demand for stories involving violence and violent men, because there is. There is demand and attraction, and it’s been there for a very long time across various mediums. What we are primarily discussing and feel concern about is: why the attraction to these kinds of violent characters exist, how exalting (even fictional) violent behavior is detrimental to us culturally and puts real people at risk. Stories are never just stories.

7 Likes