I have a few questions lol

Hey folks, first of all can someone lemme know if i put this in the wrong category.

Second of all i have some questions that i would really appreciate it if you could answer.

1) What to you, makes a good story?

2) What’s your favourite genre?

3) What do you like to see in a comedy story?

4) What do you like to see in an MC and LI?

5) What annoys you in a story?

6) What should i avoid whilst writing?

7) If you’re a writer, what motivates you?

8) Do you have a specific time you write/code on episode?

9) What plot twists do you think are overused and predictable?

10) How many minutes do you think a chapter should be?

Thank you for answering!!

4 Likes

A fun story line that includes unexpected plot twists.
Comedy.
Competition between the MC and the LI, which normally turns out comedic.
Normally, both the MC and LI being confident and willing to tease eachother.
If the chapters are too short, if the spot placements are off/characters appear in positions without walking, making the story go to quickly.
6) What should I avoid whilst writing?
Making the story move to quickly, and not giving time to get to know the characters.
I am motivated to write by the outcome at the end of the story, and all the fun scenes I plan to write in the future.
Not really.
9) How many minutes do you think a chapter should be?
15-20mins.

3 Likes

Bloop

2 Likes

1: a thought out one, with believable characters and a great plot that I can be invested in

2: fantasy and sci-fi

3: that its funny, many of the comedy stories on the app is not funny its just people who do stupid stuff. or really embarrassing stuff happen to them. I won’t laugh at that I will feel second-hand embarrassment.

4 : a more realistic relationship. and not a he is hot so I date him, thats it.

5 : bad directing. put in that extra work and make your story look good, dont think I will fix it later, because when people already have given it a chance they dont give it another one later.

6:
, stories moving too quickly, a lot of time skip, spending very little time in every scene. barely getting a feel of what is happening before we run to the next,

or to slow. to slow is when we see a lot of stuff we dont need to, like get up brush teeth, unnecessary long zooms, pan and show every scene
I just read a story where it took over a real-life minute to zoom everything on the love interest. it was so long a scene. you could have shown how he looked in one second, why did she spend over 60.

also looks, no default characters, please dont give black people blue eyes and white lips, white characters with afro hair. avoid the silhouette hair color

also I dont really care about this but others do, so dont use religious stuff on non-religious characters

7: myself. and music

1. no I write when I can

9: getting pregnant, just look what is cliche

10: between 10 and 15 minutes. though sometimes you plan a story to end at someplace and you have to make it longer or shorter and that is fine.

2 Likes

A story with well thought out characters and a plot that captures my interest.

Action I think… or Thriller.

Actually entertaining characters. The biggest issue I have previously had with Episode Comedy stories is the underdeveloped and shallow characters.

A realistic relationship where both the MC and LI seem like actual persons. I have often seen one dimensional love interests who’s personality is based on a stereotype.

Clichées (some are okay, but there are some seriously dumb ones that I will quit reading if I see), one dimensional characters, an unlikable MC or LI, if the narration/dialogues are bland or urealistic

I am not the best person to teach about the writing process since I am still learning everything and myself trying to learn from others, but maybe try to think out the plot in scenes and where it needs to go instead getting sidetracked (a mistake I have often made in the past where the scenes would go on for way too long and the dialogue was really pointless)

I’m motivated by wanting to have a final product. I personally really like my plot and characters and I’m excited to make the story in it’s full form and show it to others as well. I think it’ll also be cool to have something of an accomplishment - even though I might not get many reads I just want something that I can look at and be proud to have made from scratch.

Well… I write at different times of day, but mostly in the afternoon I think.

All the accidental pregnant plottwists I think are kinda overused. The pregnant after one night stand and the “the condom broke” ones. They can be used if written well, but I often just see them included as a side twist where “uh oh! now MC and LI has to figure out what to do! together!” without adressing any actual reality of accidental or young pregnancy.

Maybe between 10 - 20 minutes? Please just don’t make the first chapter a customization one - I will not use a chapter for a story I don’t even know if I’ll like!

1 Like

There are multiple things that make a story good. Including good directing and correct English. But of course also an original story
Fantasy or romance
I personally find the stories where they make fun of all the story cliches quite funny. But In comedy I’m happy easily, as long as the comedy is not just the mc loving food and being clumsy or something
I like if their relationship is well build and not rushed or forced
If the english is not correct (like no capital letters or barely punctuation) or if the LI is straight up toxic
Cliches
I get really happy if I read something good. So with writing I keep that feeling in mind because I hope to give others that feeling too
Whenever inspiration hits me
Getting pregnant (especially with twins), maffia stories in general, the mc having a sister whose only goal it is to make the mc’s life miserable
Around 15

2 Likes

Good grammar, diversity, good character representation, good directing and a few choices other than outfit choices.
Drama and Romance.
Witty jokes, heartfelt dialogue, something light and not too serious.
I hate when MC and the LL meet today and tomorrow they’re already dating. A natural and non toxic relationship.
Grammar errors, speech bubbles not in the right place, toxic love interests.
Write for you honestly, if you enjoy it that’s alright.
When I’m happy, I write my heart out. Just listening to songs or watching movies motivates me.
Whenever I can, but I can write a whole episode in 1-2 days.
Mafia stories, bad boys, high school, forbidden relationships.
10 minutes.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for helping me out!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.