I have a problem with characters changing into outfits that the reader has chosen

So I’m in the middle of creating my first episode to my first story but previously I gave the reader the option to choose 1 out of 3 of Alaia’s outfits for going to the club and when she arrived at the club the 3 options of clothing got mixed up?
For example
outfit 1 which was a black dress got switched with a white dress that was option 3 etc.

At the beginning of the episode I gave the reader once again an option to choose 1/3 outfits for Alaia and I never had this problem but it’s only just occurring now.
I have checked to see if I have coded anything wrong or spelling mistakes and I have done neither. Please can someone help me?

Can you please share your code? :))

Of course, I will send it now.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 3.23.08 pm

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 3.23.08 pm

1 Like

ignore the first image, idk why it did it twice ahaha

Hmm seems alright to me
However Id recommend not using if/else as I think (personally) it complicates it more

What I’d is just use labels with the choices
If you need help with that I’ll link a tutorial

But if you do want to continue using if/else then I’m sorry I can’t figure out what the issue is :((

1 Like

okay I won’t use the if/else and I would love if you could link the tutorial! I’m still not good with labels.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hey! So you’re improperly using gains here. If you’re wanting the choice to be remembered, use the point system. In a dressing game, if a reader views all 3, they’ll receive gains for all 3. Because of this, you’re confusing your script and it therefore resolves it by going straight to the first option :slight_smile:

Oh I see! That is so helpful thank you! I’m not sure how to use the point system at all so is there a tutorial you could link or suggest?

I know Joseph Evans has a point system video! Let me link it here for you, just a second :). It’s very simple though!

1 Like

Oh honestly thank you so much! I was staying up so last night to figure out why this wasn’t working and I didn’t know if it was because I was being stupid ahaha!

1 Like

(Point help)

(Outfits with labels)

1 Like

Thank youuuu!! <333

Ahh don’t worry about it! It’s a common mistake :). If you’re not already dealing with points, you can set the points of your MC to the outfit amount. So for example…

choice
“Outfit 1”{
@MC =1
@MC changes into outfit1
} “Outfit 2”{
@MC =2
@MC changes into outfit2
}“Outfit 3”{
@MC =3
@MC changes into outfit3
}

Later…
if (MC =1){
@MC changes into outfit1
} elif (MC =2){
@MC changes into outfit2
} elif (MC =3){
@MC changes into outfit3
}

:slight_smile:

1 Like

(making sure that you set MC to your character’s name and outfit1, outfit2, and outfit3 to your corresponding outfit names) :slight_smile:

I hope this helps clarify!

1 Like

Oh this is amazing! I really appreciate this thank you! I will go do that now!

The code you’ve just written for me, do I replace that where I put the choice option?

If you wanted to, yes you could. You’d need to go from the part where it says “choice” on yours down to the last bracket of the first part of the game (assuming there’s the chance to repick) :).

1 Like

Okay thank you and then do I put it under the bracket or above the bracket?