I have a question about tappable overlays

is there a way to give different outcomes if the reader taps and holds a tappable overlay?
like if they hold for 2 seconds and let go, something happens, if they hold for 3 seconds and let go something else happens… etc

I do not think so - I am pretty sure that tappables are treated like any other choice you make - tap once and done - it does whatever code you’ve given it to do - i.e. picking a date location, a background for a photoshoot etc. - bouncing ball in a sports game etc.

1 Like

okay thank you!

1 Like

No problem. Feel free to double check - I recommend www.dara-amarie.com for her code guides; they’re very useful and easy to read/understand with example code. :slight_smile:

And, if you have not seen him already, Joseph Evans has a YouTube playlist that shows In-Portal code tutorials with previewer so you hear, see and can see a preview of how the code is done and what it should look like when done correctly. :slight_smile: I don’t have the link on hand but search his name and “Episode”-- it’ll pull up his full playlist.

Enjoy and good luck with your story! (I still re-watch them sometimes lol)

1 Like

haha yeah I know how to code but I’ll check it out. I was asking that because there are times where I see something for the first time so I thought maybe it’s possible and I just didnt know about it yet but tyvm

1 Like

I get it, and I think up random stuff and attempt it in a “practice code” story so that if something I try works, I can leave it as a template for later use lol.

1 Like

me too! I name them test stories lol
they help me with practicing my coding too