I have an error, unsure why?

Hi!

I am getting an error in my script, and I am unsure as to why. Here is what’s giving me an error:

EXT. VILLAGE SQAURE
@PEARL stands screen right in zone 1 and PEARL is talk_agree_happy
@MAN stands screen left in zone 1 and MAN is talk_excited_happy and MAN faces right

The error says I can’t use “@ as a command here.”

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much!

What may help is when you put in ‘and.’ For example: @PEARL stands screen right in zone 1 AND PEARL is talk_agree_happy
Hopefully that helps!

Can you post a screenshot of your script?

1 Like

I’ll try it, thanks!

I just realized what I did wrong. I don’t know how I didn’t notice this, but some of the zones and panning were under Narrator dialouge. :sweat_smile:

Now that that’s fixed, I have one more question! So I want both characters to be in the scene as soon as the scene starts, but instead PEARL is shown, then MAN pops off a second after. How do I get both characters to be there as soon as it opens? My code is still the same as above.

Thanks!

Use the & sign for placing them

Replace the @ with &

I meant to say he pops ON as a second later :sweat_smile:

Thanks! Is this correct?

EXT. VILLAGE SQAURE
@PEARL stands screen right in zone 1 and PEARL is talk_agree_happy & @MAN stands screen left in zone 1 and MAN is talk_excited_happy and MAN faces right

It should be like:

@PEARL stands screen right in zone 1 and PEARL is talk_agree_happy
& MAN stands screen left in zone 1 and MAN is talk_excited_happy and MAN faces right

&PEARL stands screen right in zone 1 and PEARL is talk_agree_happy
&MAN stands screen left in zone 1 and MAN is talk_excited_happy and MAN faces right

Got it! Two separate lines, thanks so much!

1 Like

Great!! Thanks so much! I’ll try that now!

If you’re using mobile creation, you can’t switch to Limelight and you can’t add customization. All three things you mentioned above need to be done in the portal on episodeinteractive.com, inluding publishing.

Also, mobile creation is being removed and Episode will no longer allow users to create stories directly from the app. Read this announcement: The First Change for Episode

If you want to have a Limelight story and use customization, you will have to start a new story using the portal.

To start a new story and have the limelight style, check this out!

To add the ability to customize, check this out and read the left side for instructions. Copy the template on the right side and paste it into your script.

Check out the rest of my website, dara-amarie.com for all kinds of templates and guides to help you learn how to code.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.