I have another query

You guys say you dont like characters who swear a lot, but in my story the main character is supposed to be like disobedient, bad and always swearing. idk — wth should i do?

1 Like

Student/teacher relationships to me are only ok if they previously knew each other and are 1 year apart at most in age.

I don’t mind swearing everyone does it.

I think more like they’re in college and she’s doing her PhD I read some of those b4

I’m fine with cursing. Because it’s the reality. There are a lot of people who curse. I do it myself, to a great extent and I have character in my story that is like that.
About teacher+student relationship. Well, yeah, it happens IRL. But I heard more about stories when it ends with a jail for teacher. I guess it could work with teacher in the university. But I honestly cringe when it happens in high school.

I don’t mean like in high school. I mean like leaving high school or on the first year of uni — thanks!

1 Like

18/20 yeah I’ll read it.

I’m fine with that he cursing, but the student/teacher thing is 1) Illegal, 2) Just wrong and disgusting

3 Likes

The reason some people (including me) are against those stories is because having that sort of relationship with your teacher is illegal. It’s considered rape, yet some stories (this is not pointed at anyone specifically) seem to be glorifying this which I personally don’t agree with.

Edit: this is assuming one character is younger than 21

2 Likes

I think that many stories overdo it but, college stories like the girl 25 and her mentor is 26 and they’re both legal consenting adult is ok to me. I won’t actively read it though I might give it a spin.

1 Like

I know that it’s illegal — but that word isn’t new. Aren’t stories supposed to be about the real world? I mean, the story I want to write about is a girl who is on the verge of leaving high school and is starting her first year in uni. And the teacher isn’t old at all, perhaps a student teacher who is 20 or so, even 19 if they’re training to teach?

2 Likes

I see your point and I’m mixed on this to me if they’re in like college and she’s about to graduate and they’re one year apart I mean…ehhh. I’ll read it for a spin but I won’t actively be searching for it. You know what I mean?

1 Like

Yeah. If it’s like that then I’m fine with that, but if it’s like high school, not college, then I usually don’t.

1 Like

Yeah I get ya. Thanks for the help!

I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Oh right, thanks!

2 Likes

Yep that to me is ok. college consenting adults.

So college. Alright, thanks for the help!

Personally i wouldn’t read any story with that teacher-student relationship, but if both characters are adults then I understand

1 Like

Just a question — what if they meet when she’s in high school, but after about 3 years or so, they meet up again and then the romance starts? (Nothing happens in high school — he/she just teaches him/her and they both get on each others nerves. However when the girl/boy goes to uni, about the 2nd yeat or so, they see each other again and then everything starts to happen?)

1 Like

If that’s the case then there would be a strong possibility of me reading it. :wink: