I keep getting an error

Lol actually I have a new problem!!!

it keeps saying use @CHARACTER enters from x to screen y
but I don’t see the problem in the script.

&SAEYOUNG walks to screen right in zone 2 in 2.7 AND JIHYUN walks to screen center in zone 2 in 2.7 AND JUMIN walks to screen left in zone 2 in 2.7
&LUCAS enters from left to screen center in zone 1 AND MAX enters from left to screen left in zone 1
@pan to zone 2 in 2.7

old problem

I was finishing off my new chapter and all I basucally did was add sounds and musics but now it’s saying that I don’t have a matching { } even tho a minute ago it worked and I don’t see any brackets that doesn’t have a matching one I’m gonna lose my mind figuring out.

Script

“Right” {
YOU (talk_doubtful)
I guess I’ll go right.
@YOU exits right AND YOU does it while run_casual
EXT. TROPICAL BEACH - NIGHT
music music_dramaticballad
@/MISAKI spot 0.457 120 356 in zone 3
@GUY2 spot 0.684 80 238 in zone 3
@/GIRL2 spot 0.697 32 230 in zone 3
@/JAY spot 0.722 216 248 in zone 3
@/LISA spot 0.438 159 362 in zone 3
@/SOPHIE spot 0.673 277 252 in zone 3
@/MISAKI faces right AND LISA faces left AND SOPHIE faces left AND GUY2 faces left AND GIRL2 faces left AND JAY faces right
@GUY2 is kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND GIRL2 is kiss_passionate_loop AND GUY2 moves to layer 4 AND GIRL2 moves to layer 3 AND JAY moves to layer 2
@/SOPHIE is dance_disco_loop
@DAIKI spot 0.800 110 184 in zone 2
@LYON spot 0.780 38 194 in zone 2
@/NANAMI spot 0.545 214 315 in zone 2
@GUY1 spot 0.519 258 326 in zone 2
@/GIRL1 spot 0.499 304 332 in zone 2
@LYON faces right AND NANAMI faces right AND GUY1 faces right AND GIRL1 faces left
@VICTOR spot 0.639 72 258 AND YURI spot 0.642 30 248 AND VICTOR faces left AND YURI faces left
@cut to zone 2
@YOU spot 0.803 369 176
@pause for a beat
@YOU walks to spot 0.803 178 173
YOU (talk_neutral)
Have you guys seen Grey, Yona and Leo?
@DAIKI faces right
DAIKI (talk_happy_agree)
Yeah I just saw them, they were looking for you.
LYON (talk_think)
I’m pretty sure they went along the beach to the right.
YOU (talk_sheepish)
Thanks!
@YOU walks to spot 0.803 369 176
EXT. TROPICAL BEACH - NIGHT
@/YONA spot 0.398 158 379 in zone 2 AND GREY spot 0.416 235 381 in zone 2 AND LEO spot 0.398 189 386 in zone 2 AND YONA faces right AND LEO faces right AND GREY faces left
@cut to zone 2
@zoom on 507 210 to 166% in 0
@/YONA moves to layer 1 AND LEO moves to layer 2 AND GREY moves to layer 2
GREY (talk_sad)
I didn’t see her anywhere here.
@YOU spot 0.407 31 376
@YOU walks to spot 0.407 103 378 AND YOU does it while run_neutral THEN YOU is idle_exhausted
@/YONA faces left AND LEO faces left
music
YONA (talk_startled)
Mia!!
YOU (talk_greet)
Oh hey guys.
LEO (talk_awkward)
Where were you, we all were worried about you.
YOU (talk_unsure)
I went to find a bathroom and then I found Jake, he took me to a bathroom, then he made me a drink but he put something to it soo now I’m not feeling well…
YOU (talk_sheepish)
And she also knows who I am and tried to take advantage of me.
GREY (talk_angry)
He what!?
YONA (talk_mindblown)
What do you mean he knows who you are? And did he really try to take advantage?!
YOU (talk_exhausted)
Oh umm I mean he knows that I’m knew here and yeah he tried.
LEO (talk_mindblown)
Are you alright?
YOU (talk_awkward)
Yeah I’m ok. I just think I need to go home.
GREY (talk_point_up_pretentious)
Oh no no no Mia we’re going to see a doctor, you don’t know what he put in your drink.
YOU (talk_exhausted)
Ugh fine, let’s go to the doctor and then home.
LEO (talk_think)
Would you like us to come with you guys.
GREY (talk_happy_hand_raised)
Thanks for the offer but I don’t think it’s necessary. We’ll call you after seeing the doctor.
YONA (talk_neutral)
Alright, but call right after you’re done.
YOU (talk_neutral)
Yeah we will
}

Idk why it’s complaining about that first bracket I mean when there’s that '‘button’ next to the srcript where you can '‘hide’'what’s between those brackets, it ptobably wouldn’t work if I didn’t have a matching bracket.

I tried to add another bracket but nooo

You didn’t add the music name.

ohhh thank youuuu I was about to lose it, I just kept searching the brackets :sob:

You are a life saver

When you get an error message saying a bracket is missing but you checked and all brackets are there, then the real error is somewhere inside those brackets, so you have to search for anything that doesn’t look right.

Okay thanks that error was making me so confused. It’d be nice if these errors actually would tell the problem and not make us guess

1 Like

@Sydney_H Problem solved, please close this thread.

Lol actually I have a new problem!!!

it keeps saying use @CHARACTER enters from x to screen y
but I don’t see the problem in the script.

&SAEYOUNG walks to screen right in zone 2 in 2.7 AND JIHYUN walks to screen center in zone 2 in 2.7 AND JUMIN walks to screen left in zone 2 in 2.7
&LUCAS enters from left to screen center in zone 1 AND MAX enters from left to screen left in zone 1
@pan to zone 2 in 2.7

you can’t use zones within default walking positions, you either need to cut to zone or use spot walking

ohh okay thanks

You can add the zone to “walks to” commands, you just cannot add it to an “enters from” command

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.