I know I’m not the only one

I don’t know if it’s just me because I’m salty but, Do y’all ever read like a REALLY good well directed story on episode. And then you get put off of writing your own because you get jealous of how well directed it is and there’s no way you could reach that level of story telling. Please don’t tell me I’m the only one…

33 Likes

Same. I’ve literally been contemplating writing a story but when I go and read an Episode story I decide to delete all my progress.

5 Likes

yes but then i read other very populare but very bad directed stories and think i can totaly do better than this

11 Likes

Same I wish I could do advanced directing so I can have bomb directing and people could look at it and be like “woah this story is great” :’(

5 Likes

Literally me I get hella salty… :joy:

3 Likes

Yes. Yes. Yes. I finish writing a episode and think this is good. Then I’ll read a story with loads of fancy animated overlays, developed characters, great spotting, good dialogue and think what’s the point of its never gonna be as good as that? I eventually just hit publish and think eh.

12 Likes

You say I’m crazy
'Cause you don’t think I know what you’ve done
But when you call me baby
I know I’m not the only one

I’m sorry, I had to. :joy:

9 Likes

I hate comparing what I make to other’s because it makes me feel like trash. Even with my art and my appearance.

12 Likes

Has this stuck in my head for the next 6 hours.

Then makes a Sam Smith playlist.

5 Likes

It’s crazy how much unfinished stories I have in the writers portal because of this >;(

5 Likes

Lmao same!

2 Likes

Yes! At first I’m like “Yeah my story is totally ready to put out!” but then I’ll go read something better directed on episode and them I’m like “My story is trash! This won’t snatch any wigs”.

But it is helpful, because you find new ways to make your story better

8 Likes

We should not compare ourselves to others, we should only build each other up.

It’s not the end story that counts it’s that you enjoyed writing it.

Screw it, I want my story to be the best.

11 Likes

Exactly seeing well directed stories on episode inspire me to make my story better which is good, such as Kayla Sloan’s her stories are well directed and the main reason I want to write a story is because of her.

8 Likes

I try to keep that mindset but some of these stories are just too good! :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Me 24/7

2 Likes

I agree, I often feel the same way too. It’s not a healthy mentality, but I can’t help thinking that way. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I literally haven’t read a Episode story in maybe 2 weeks.

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

I can relate to this tooo much! At first I feel so confident and have a healthy mindset on what I’m doing but then I go on other stories that are WAY better than what I’ve already done. I never delete my progress but always doubt it which leads me to revamp the whole damn thing, I got so miserable and had a very unhealthy mindset that I just had to discontinue my story. (Thank god I’m making a new one but I’m on the third episode and Im already doubting everything!). The LL is becoming more of a MC than the actual MC ffs! But hey, this is your story, do whatever feels best! I just wished I didn’t feel like thisss!!

4 Likes