I know I’m not the only one

Also, the only reason why Kayla Sloan’s has improved is because she kept on practising, if you go on her older stories, they’re pretty basic directing tbh!

1 Like

Guys, I have the same problem with being jealous of other authors’ directing and style, but the key is not to compare yourself to other people, but to the person you were yesterday. It’s hard to do, but if it was easy everyone would do it.

6 Likes

sameee omgggg.

1 Like

#Inspiration :raised_hands:

Just be yourself! You’re beautiful the way you are <3 Don’t compare yourself to others and just release your stories anyways, you could really end up being surprised! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it makes me jealous but it definitely makes me less satisfied with my own work. Sometimes it gives me a boost that I can improve my directing and reach that level, so I try experimenting but it’s usually just a waste of time :smile:

But guys, don’t think your stories are trash just because someone is better at the directing stuff.
Many readers (including me) don’t really care about this, they just want to read some entertaining story with an interesting plot and characters. Good directing is a plus, but I don’t think it’s a must.

11 Likes

Lol life of a writer!

1 Like

Preach!! <3

1 Like

I feel like I can hardly say “Hi” and others say “Hi my dear friend! How is your day going? Anything new? Anything exciting?”
(It was a metaphor on how I feel about how I direct and how other authors direct)

3 Likes

This is how I’m currently feeling about all the great MC entries

6 Likes

I’m crying! My writing is still basic compared to other authors! Nothing’s changed XD But nonetheless writing is still fun! B)

6 Likes

You got this! :3

5 Likes

ooof I didn’t think you would see my comment, Thank you! c;

1 Like

You’re amazing! :heart:

1 Like

:hushed::hushed: Oh ma gawd! I love youuu!! :heartbeat::heartbeat:

1 Like

but the thing is I want my story to be perfect and I mean the definition of perfection, so if it’s going to take 3 months to write 3 episodes, then let it be (((:

2 Likes

Omg that’s so true :joy:

I do sometimes, (more like every single damn day) second guess myself of how interesting my story really is, and sometimes put writing it off because I’m busy or I don’t have any ideas. :joy:

2 Likes

it’s not really a positive thing to do but it will be worth it, I don’t even care how much reads my story gains, I just want it to be looked as “perfect” from other peoples perspective.

Happens all the time. In real life as well. I’m pretty awful at putting on a decent make-up but every once in a while, I feel like I nail it. And I swear, then the next person I see wear completely flawless make-up and all I can think about my make-up is “hey great job painting your face like you’re 5, Julie” :expressionless:

The good things is, however… that now we know what works and what looks great and we’ll have something to strive for.

3 Likes

very inspirational ;3

1 Like