I’m confused with backgrounds

My first question is can you make edits to the backgrounds in the art catalog? My second one is, if I search up backgrounds on google I know I can use them but what if I’ve seen them in stories before? Would I be able to use them?

2 Likes

you can use backgrounds from google also when other people have used it before

1 Like

Ok thank you

1 Like

no problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can make edits to the backgrounds in the art catalog you just CAN NOT share them in a google drive for others to use becasue its only for YOUR PERSONAL USE and no one elses

2 Likes

Ok thanks!

1 Like

Not from google. Only public domain sites like Pixabay.com.

3 Likes

some of mine are from google and i never had a problem with them? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Keyword: Copyright

3 Likes

Watch this video. He explains the use of using public domain sites and not get backgrounds from google

2 Likes

That is… not how it works. If you want to use Google backgrounds, you had better do this first.

This also works.

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

dang it! will try too use that from now on :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

As far as I know, you will be able to use bg:s from google IF they are free to use (Search settings/Filtered search: Copyright: Free to edit and share commercially)

Otherwise you better use pics from Pixabay or PNGtree or someting. Some of those require some kind of credit as well, so make sure you doublecheck!

2 Likes
2 Likes

yes.

you *can’t use them

those people are wrong.

nope!
google literally pulls images from everywhere so not all google images are free for commercial use. i suggest using a website like pixabay or unsplash or something so that you don’t maybe get a lawsuit.
just because it didn’t happen to other authors doesn’t mean it can’t happen to you.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

1 Like