I`m getting a job! HELP

Im starting a job at my favorite place, but I have social anxiety and have to talk to people, Sign them up for their passes and stuff, but other than that Im not nervous for anything. How can I not be as nervous and keep calm and actually do good at this job lol

3 Likes

Pretend they are your best friends. Maybe.

Imagine they are in their underwear.

2 Likes

These people are beer drinking, fourwheeling, rednecks lol. I think I`ll be fine cause they all just like to laugh

3 Likes

Some of these people I wouldn`t wanna see them like that :joy::mask:

2 Likes

Well, that’s actually what many people with stage fright do. They imagine the crowd in their underwear and it helps them not feel as nervous :joy:

3 Likes

If you just remember that you’re here to do you job and that your customers know that you’re here to do your job, then you won’t get as nervous talking to them. Like, you don’t have to socialize, or be extra friendly or anything. Just smile, sign them up, and move on to the next person. I feel like if you do that it may take away some of that pressure to talk. But I don’t know.

3 Likes

My fear is more of forgetting how to explain to get somewhere like directions or forgetting something lol

1 Like

just be yourself, have confidence, talk to them like yr talking to yr friends but in a professional way.

1 Like

I find it’s helpful to get acquainted with the people you’re working with, even if it’s just one person so you’ll feel more comfortable in that environment. Works wonders for me

1 Like

Pretend you know them personally. This coping skill is what usually helps me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh and at least make a couple friends too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally know everyone I`m going to work with!

Pretend they are me saying one of my jokes :joy: Love u!!! You got this, girly! Just stay confident and shine bright! Talk to them as if they are your good friends but in a professional way, as if you are infront of your boss. It definitely works!! I had this too for awhile and it gets really repetitive. I work football with TONS of boys, especially red neck boys. Just smile, treat others how you would want a worker to treat you, sign them up or get their passes, and move on to the next customer. But no matter what, u will do great!

1 Like

Thanks honey! Love you too!! :black_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.