I’m trying to code someone with powers…

Basically my LI encounters a creep in the alleyway and he gets mad and releases his fire powers (a massive flame) and I don’t know how to code it. I need the flame to appear out of his hand (being small first) then when it hits the other character I need it to enlarge. Before this happened there’s another scene in another zone with the same background and the overlay gets in the way. ( I hope someone can help)

You need to make it fade into the hand and then have it scale and shift at the same time to get to the other character

Oh ok. I’m a beginner at writing stories, so I was wondering if there would be a template anywhere for this?

I could make it for you if you give me the bg, overlays, and character positions

So the background is Ext.North Philadelphia Alleyway-night with Fire (the overlay)
The creep stands screen right and Xander stands screen left
The overlay is called Fire
Also ty soo much for helping me :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Can I have the overlay so I can spot direct it?

Sorry for the late reply :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The overlay name or image?

The image

okay
IMG_1142

1 Like

@ItzLayla
Here’s the template:
EXT. NORTH PHILADELPHIA ALLEYWAY - NIGHT with FIRE to 0.028 171 324 in zone 2
&cut to zone 2
&overlay FIRE opacity 0 in 0
&CREEP spot 1.064 147 120 in zone 3 AND CREEP faces left
&XANDER spot 1.001 78 148 in zone 2 AND XANDER faces right AND XANDER is idle_tray_neutral_loop
readerMessage Thank you to |bold|@_superpup.episode_|reset| on Instagram with messageTitle Script Template Credit
@pause for a beat
@overlay FIRE opacity 1 in 1 AND overlay FIRE scales to 0.19 0.19 in 1.5 AND overlay FIRE shifts to 162 322 in zone 2 in 1.5
&pause for 1.3 THEN CREEP is react_scream_horror
&overlay FIRE shifts to 62 391 in zone 2 in 0.4 AND overlay FIRE to layer 1 AND pause for 0.4 THEN overlay FIRE shifts to 166 336 in zone 2 in 0.4 AND overlay FIRE to layer 5 AND pause for 0.4 THEN pan to zone 3 in 0.8 AND overlay FIRE scales to 0.784 0.784 in 0.8 AND overlay FIRE shifts to 66 231 in zone 3 in 0.8
&XANDER is pass_football_serious
@pause for 2

1 Like

Omg thank you too much it worked!
:revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.