I might enter the R&R contest. Here’s my story idea

I might enter the R&R contest. Here’s my story idea:

Title: R&R: I See You
Description (May change later): After the death of her father, [Name] takes a risk that may help her bring him back, but what will the consequences be?

Tags

@Creole_KareBear @N_Olivia @MMG @LiaLopez @lanafrazer_episode

6 Likes

Ooh that sounds cool

3 Likes

I’m not sure. It seems kind of like a bunch of other mystery stories.

1 Like

What do you mean?

3 Likes
What do you think?
  • I love it! <3
  • I like it. :slight_smile:
  • It’s good with room for improvement. :thumbsup:
  • Meh, needs to be thought over again. :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:
  • Not good, needs to be re-thought. :brain:

0 voters

2 Likes

Thank you for tagging me!!! I support your idea, and I will read it once you write it!!! :+1:t5:

2 Likes

If I write it (still not entirely sure). Thanks for supporting me!

2 Likes

You are very welcome. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Don’t take offense to anything, it’s just my opinion and if you don’t agree, so be it.

My Thoughts

Idk. It’s just kind of basic. Maybe it’s just that the summary is so short, but (personal preference) I will not read any story where the summary either says exactly what will happen and leaves no room for mystery/suspense/thought or doesn’t intrigue me.

It might be more intriguing if you added more details. For example:
After the mysterious circumstances surround her father’s death, [name] goes on a cross-country journey to bring him back. Will she find him and bring him back… or even make it back alive?

Of course, this is just my opinion. Other people like stories like this. It’s all about personal preference.

1 Like

Thanks

2 Likes

@scarlettm being that @Tay11 has stated that this is just an idea :bulb: that he is kicking around means that he is formulating the idea. It hasn’t been set in stone yet. He also didn’t tell everyone exactly what the MC had to do in order to bring her father back to life, if she chooses to perform whatever complicated sacrifice necessary do so.

If you feel the information is too basic for you, maybe the best way of going about finding out more information would be to ask him for more details, instead of re-writing his entire story for him. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I just don’t quite understand how helpful it is to tell someone that you wouldn’t read a story that tells you everything from the start and also place a poll for people to judge his idea.

3 Likes

Before this goes any further I want to say, @scarlettm I have NO hate towards you in anyway.

4 Likes

@Creole_KareBear - I’m not saying that my suggestions are the right ones. I’m saying that’s an example, something more my style, that doesn’t mean it’s his or he has to use it. Again, just saying my opinion. I’m not re-writing everything, again, just an example. I didn’t say he had to tell me everything from the start.

Secondly, people do make polls to rate things and ask questions… that’s kind of what they’re for. If he didn’t like it, he could’ve asked me to remove it. Plus, for those who don’t want to write an answer or don’t have time to, it could be helpful.

1. I was just giving suggestions.
  2. I was talking more about the latter steps of planning. (Aka, not the main idea. More the actual publishing).
  3. You seem to be taking offense to this… I’m not sure why. If @Tay11 has a problem with this, I could easily take it down.
  4. I’m just saying this isn’t something I would be interested in. I didn’t say “No, I hate your idea.” (which I don’t, good) I never said it was terrible.
  5. As you said before, he is kicking around the idea, and that means he doesn’t have a lot of the details yet (usually), so what extra details would I ask for if, as you said, “hasn’t been set in stone.” I, firsthand know this. I’m writing my story and details are still getting changed around.

@Tay11, thank you. I hope you know I was just giving suggestions and not hate mail.

Edit: I also put (personal preference) in case you didn’t see it.

3 Likes

@scarlettm Okay.

I have noticed that in the forums people have been dumping on other people’s ideas in the guise of being supportive when in fact they really aren’t. Even in trying to be helpful, it does not fully manifest itself as such, because they are too busy showing off how much they know and how great they are at ____.

But I understand to a certain extent what your intentions may have been.

On my part… I am a Mamma Bear :bear: so if it looks to me that someone is being bashed, I always stand up for them. Even if they don’t feel the need to stand up for themself. ( I’m very protective of people and I value their ideas and know how difficult it is to share … )

4 Likes

It’s just her opinion. It may not be the same as yours but we should respect each others opinions. Also, her feedback could improve the story

4 Likes

Yeah completely I get it. My best friend is the same way. (She almost made a store clerk cry after he overcharged me)

1 Like

That is very true!!! And I cannot expect everyone to verbally express their support the same way I do. Thank you for this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for understanding, and for taking the time to respond to my questions!!!

2 Likes

Your idea isn’t bad. With a little improvement I think it’ll be a decent story!
Just remember that the contest was announced in January, so you’ll need to write kinda fast to make it in time for the deadline. No pressure though! :wink:

1 Like

You’re welcome

2 Likes