I Miss Ryan And I'm Off Topic

Oh my yes! That last paragraph. I know it’s a default message, but it still hurts. Robot words still hurt :disappointed_relieved:

Agree, got completely shut down by the mods for voicing an opinion that was completely on topic :confused: #wemissryan

I’m very new here, but the short time I’ve been lurking, I have noticed this as well. It makes me a little confused on what’s considered “off topic”, because most of the time it just seems like the conversation just progressed, not strayed.

I think this place would benefit from a suggestions/feedback subforum section. The mods seem to work hard, but not always in the most productive way.

When someone flags your comment, I believe in the same second no one can read it - so how would it be possible that anyone else flags it?
I think that bot says automatically “multiply flags”, but in reality is only 1.

Honestly I feel like it only makes sense for the OP of the thread to decide what comments are off topic or not if we’re going to be flagging things other than spam or promotions as off topic. What’s the point of making your thread if your own comments or comments you like and find relevant get flagged.

But that’s why I miss Ryan

I miss Ryan too. I didn’t talk to him much but any time I did need something he was always awesome about help me. I also never got these ridiculous flags before.

I think this is how flags work. Someone flags it and its hidden, then the mods review it. If they think it breaks the rules you get that automated message about multiple people flagging it. I’ve had numerous posts flagged for no reason and twice had that automated message. Even though my posts weren’t even off topic or if they were “off topic” it was because the conversation changed a bit. I was told I was “off topic” for telling people to stay on topic and respect each other. I mean sure its not on topic necessarily but really? I got a message because of that? Yet in the same post people were talking about some irrelevant story that wasn’t part of the original topic, yet no one said anything about that. :woman_shrugging:

I know…I was poking fun at the stringent and sometimes contradictory way in which this rule is being applied :see_no_evil: sorry if that wasn’t clear!

Here’s yet another post that shows episode really caring about about the important issues… like being on topic!
https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/who-the-hell-is-noob-loop/53773

I miss Ryan, I wish I could show him this post!

I miss Ryan too!!! :two_hearts:

I understand flagging when something is completely off topic, but flagging posts because

• they’re similar to the topic
  • or just telling someone to stay on topic
  • or to be polite

Sorry, but I don’t get it :expressionless::woman_shrugging:

Here’s a topic. This topic is homophobic and just about everyone scrutinizing it’s homophobia gets flagged for being “off topic” Do you agree with LGBT in stories?

Wish Ryan was here. Sure do miss him. Bet he’d love to see all the flagging on this post too…

Ugh, that topic made me so upset.

Someone: being gay is bad
Mods: cool carry on
Someone: actually being gay isn’t bad
Mods: WOAH WOAH WOAH

I feel recently there’s been a pattern of someone saying something blantantly offensive, people going hey actually that’s pretty offensive and here’s why, and then episode blocking all those replies but completely ignoring the content of the original comment.

Anyway miss Ryan!

Yeah I miss Ryan too

It’s obvious there’s a bias against certain issues.

I don’t even get how this is off-topic, because the literal title of the thread is phrased in a question. There’s bound to be yes/no answers with arguments defending those standpoints. That’s the nature of a yes/no question!

I miss Ryan too. We’re lucky that Jeremy is still here (right? 0.0), but it seems like the whole of Episode is going downhill in one foul swoop.

Oh my god, where was I when that homophobic thread was up?! :nauseated_face: That’s terrible! Well, the positive side of this is that the topic ended up getting closed for “excessive off-topic posting”. We don’t want that stuff around so if “off-topic” posting can stop it, so be it.

I miss Ryan too, I didn’t know him well but he was certainly really nice and helpful. I hope he’s doing well and sees how much we miss him :blush:

There should be a t-shirt with “I Miss Ryan And I’m Off Topic” written on it.

Off topic
Limelight or Ink?