I Need a Blurry Overlay

Can somebody send me a transparent blur overlay? I know this may sound stupid but I can’t seem to figure out how to make one. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated! :grin:

Hi.
You can always just upload a blue overlay, then lower the opacity of it when adding it to the story.
Else what you do is that you lower the opacity of the image in your creative program of choice and then save it as a png image (for the web)

<3

Okay but if I were to add a blue overlay and lower the opacity would it give me the blurry background if I were to put a character over the layer?

Oh, and I’m not very good with creative programs and such, I always have trouble setting them up and using them. If you could recommend one that’d be nice.

Not really, more like a blue film over it. To have a blurr you need something that’s more cloudy. What more exactly do you mean with blurry?

There’s a lot of programs out there, some for free, some expensive.
I’ve answered a simulair question here, with a link to one of the free ones

But there are of course others. I’m sure you can find links and one that suits you if you search the forum.

<3

If you’ve read “The New Girl” then you’d remember that the outro ends with the background blurring. I think the blur is named Gaussian blur. If someone could send me a transparent PNG file with the blur filter applied to it, it would be much appreciated!

Sorry, haven’t read that one.
Do you mean blurry like this?

If so, I’m not sure it would work to just make a everyday blurry filter that works with any background.
You can make the image unclear with just a color a filter - like a windshield - but for the image to be blurry you need an overlay background that’s blurry to put on top of the one you have or a blurred background in itself. .

<3

1 Like

Yes! That’s exactly what I mean! I’m sorry if this may be an inconvenience to you but if you could make me a blurry overlay I would forever be in your debt - kinda! :sweat_smile:

And I suggest you read “The New Girl”, it’s extremely well written and is very fun to read! Saige outdid herself with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What background are you using?

I’m using the INT. GRANDMAS HOUSE BEDROOM - DAY background zone 2 but the problem here is that I intend on using a few more backgrounds that need blurring. I was thinking if I had an overlay I could make the opacity 0 then 1 and enter in the s. But if you could blur this background for me it’d be more than enough! <3

How blurry do you want it to be?
Do you want the whole image or just the 2:d zone?
Just so we’re clear you won’t be able to blurr the characters behind it, if that’s what your after. “They’ll only appear as "ghosts

I might be able to make a cloud overlay that could work somewhat for more than one background, but it won’t be as good, more windowy than blurry.

<3

Oh no, I don’t want to blur the chararcters, just the background haha

And it doesn’t really matter what zones are blurred, just as long the 2nd zone is blurred.

You could try if you want to make a blurry overlay, but I don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want. <3

Like this?

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you oh so much! You have literally no idea how much this has helped :open_hands:

<3

Happy to help.
It’s a png so there shouldn’t be any problem for you to put it up as an overlay. Just put it on top of the background as it is or go from 0 to 1 if you want the blurr to happen gradually.

<3

Thank you! I know I’ve said it a lot but I am grateful that you went out of your way to help me. That means a lot to me :blush:

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources :wink:

Can You make me one?