I need advice once again. :[

Okay, so I posted earlier about how I was feeling slightly apprehensive about my story I will be publishing soon. I’ve been overthinking it a lot, especially when reading the pet peeves of readers in our community.
I wanted to ask you all for your constructive criticism, or just opinion about this concern of mine.
Would you be uninterested in one episode where one of the MCs isn’t in it until the very end? The LI is in the entire episode, but like I said, MC isn’t.
Just for a bit of context, the whole episode is about LI getting kicked out of his home, and he leaves and starts to wait at the bus stop. MC’s best friend drives by & shes like wtf?
She gets the truth out of him about what is going on, and he tells her not to tell MC yet. The best friend is like okay, and she consoles him with her girlfriend, and LI confides in them & tells them he was planning on taking MC on a date. They help him plan for it and stuff, and that’s when MC comes in for the surprise and the episode ends with her being incredibly surprised.
Is this a bad idea? Don’t be shy and tell me what you think so I can improve it? :laughing:

OH, and just to add, the LI, MC, and best friend are all main characters! haha

4 Likes

Oh that’s fine!! A story that has multiple never has to ALWAYS have all the main characters in it.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, the story mainly centers on MC and LI. MC happens to be at work when this whole ordeal happens because I’m following a pretty set in stone timeline for them. :stuck_out_tongue: I was just self-conscious because the reader is playing as the MC, so they could be like wtf where am I? xD

2 Likes

Haha yeah, no it’s fine! And to be honest, you should do it how you think and feel is right. I believe that people will appreciate the amount of effort you’re putting in to please them, but it’s basically impossible to make everyone happy, right? So I say do it how you want it, and nothing less!!! (Or more XD)

2 Likes

That’s an interesting way to start the story!

2 Likes

You could even throw in scenes to show that the MC is at work. That way when it does show the MC it isn’t just as the end. :blush:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about plot. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Hey! :slight_smile:
I saw your other reply on my other thread, and based off of this reply, I think we will have a great time giving feedback to each other! You won’t believe it, but I literally did exactly what you said right after I made this thread! It sort of just hit me, so I’m blown away that you commented this! :rofl:
Anyways, I also need some friends from the community. Publishing can be a bit intimidating! Well, whenever your story is ready, I will be more than happy to give it a read! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Then this was meant to be!! Haha, I look forward to doing this with you. Do you have an Instagram? We can message back and forth there!

1 Like

My instagram is @uglygh0stt :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am about to follow you <3 Thank you! Don’t get freaked out because I literally have 0 followers. xD I’m literally not known at all in the community, but I’ve been obsessed with Episode for the past 5 years!

1 Like

That sounds great honestly

1 Like

Thank you! <333

1 Like

I followed you back! I look forward to talking!:blush: I just started within the past 2 weeks so don’t worry. But same! I’ve been using Episode since early 2016!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.