I need help choosing the genre

The story I want to write is about two twin sisters separated at birth. They will both be main characters. There is romance, but could it go in the romance section? It isn’t the main theme. There is some drama, but the story is not just dramatic.
Where would you put it?

1 Like

I had the same prblm but what do you feel are there more of dramatic scenes or romantic scenes, just try doing the math or whatever and choose accordingly

According to what you said about twins separating I guess it will go more in drama
[ my opinion]

1 Like

I was thinking the same, but can a drama have an happy ending?

1 Like

Romance is the genre if u are writing a romance story.

1 Like

Yes, it can.

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

I think it depends on what you are focusing on more in it
If the story focuses more on the twin sisters seperated at birth then drama but if it focuses more on the romance then romance

1 Like

Unless it’s a tragedy.

1 Like

i would go for drama

1 Like

I’d say drama, since almost all stories have romance in it, but unless the plot line is built around that romance and the story wouldn’t work without it, then drama.

2 Likes

hmmm… a lot of people look in the drama and romance genres for stories, but that also means you’re competing with a lot of other stories.

by the description you gave I would say it fits best under drama, but if there is a good amount of action or something else I would personally recommend trying to steer clear of the drama/romance sections since you will be surrounded by thousands of other drama/romance stories

of course, that is just my take on it and you can put it in whichever genre you’d like :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

if you need help with anything else feel free to pm me xx

2 Likes

You’re right but I’m not plotting any action or mystery for now and I wouldn’t want to put the story under te wrong genre just for visibility. Thank you.
I was thinking that we need the genre slice of life. :joy:

2 Likes

Uhmm…U should do it romance or If there is a option of drama/romance then do it

1 Like

:laughing: Sorry, for laughing… :woman_facepalming: (I have a sarcasm that’s high today.) You are right, unless it’s a tragedy…

@Joanne00 :point_right: I had the same trouble when I started writing my latest story ‘For HIS Sake’. :wink:
I put it under Romance because it’s more about the romance between MC and the LI. :wink: Just put it under the genre where you think it belongs. I should put it under drama, because it’s mostly about the separated twins. :wink: (That’s what I get from your description.)

Love A-W

2 Likes

Maybe just drama. Since it’s about twins, and they’re not falling in love. Or comedy

2 Likes

Then It Should Be Drama :blob_hearts: :relieved:

2 Likes