Hey I published my story not to long ago and i have 57 reads right now and I was wondering if you guys could help me with how to get more views and build friendship at the same time. I keep on comparing my read with other people and sometimes i get unmotivated and sometimes i just overthink a lot and I just need you guys just to help and give feedbacks it would mean a lot
Here are some advices
Never compare yourself with big authors… → Because even big authors started with 0 reads.;
Don’t stop promoting… Even if you reach the 1k reads, you still need to promote your story. When you stop promoting after those 1k reads… Your views will stuck at 1k reads;
Don’t hesitate to ask for help at other authors.;
Promote at instagram (Facebook) AND/OR on this forum (so you reach more readers);
And don’t forget to take breaks. If you have a writer block, don’t forget your story, but take a break and think about something else for a while. But don’t force yourself to write.;
Don’t expect you get readers immediately after you published (sounds ridiculous, but there are (starting) authors who think that if you publish magically those readers will appear out of nowhere…);
When the first hate mail comes in don’t get demotivated. And don’t give up to write. You are here to write, because you like to write, not because that one negative person doesn’t like your story. You are here because you want to publish YOUR story. ;
Do R4R on this forum or ask for feedback from other authors…;
Directing advice → Don’t use exit left or right or enters left or right. It changes the size of the characters. So, children will become bigger if they exit or shrink when they enter.;
Please, no black screens for narration → use other backgrounds and characters with animations during narration;
Check your grammar… Before you publish, just check one more time for grammar and spelling;
If you use your own character (authors character) don’t use it half of the story-time or a whole episode;
Don’t use one whole episode for CC… (If you have CC in your story);
For the rest:
- You also can use: Joseph Evans’s YouTube clips for directing tips, Dara Amarie’s website (https://www.dara-amarie.com) for templates and also help from other authors at this forum;
- Enjoy to write and don’t hesitate to ask me for more help by PM at this forum or DM on instagram (if you have instagram → @angelwings_1983 ).
thank you so much for taking the time to reply it means a lot to me and i would definitely use all of the feedback you gave me. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Hope you have a wonderful day, too, girl. Happy reading (and writing) and stay safe.
Some weeks ago there was a topic about getting discouraged because of the small amout of views your story can get. I answered with this and it can be helpful for you as well, so hope this helps!:
It’s normal to feel bad if you’re spending time writing a story to then don’t get the recognition you think you deserve. There are plenty of stories out there and it’s really difficult to get to the top if you’re starting right now, but you’ll get there with time if you’re constant!
Most of the known writers in the episode community started just like most of us, having a few reads but continuing the story because they love writing. And look at them now! Having millions of reads in their stories. Have in mind that most of the stories with that many reads have been published for over a year or even more, so don’t feel bad if your story doesn’t go well the second you publish it.
There are a lot of ways to get more reads and let me tell you a few:
- Instagram: Follow people from the community, post your story, post any update… etc. That way people will see your story and they will read it if they see your post and like what you’re writing.
- R4R: A lot of writers do Read For Read, basically you read X episodes of their story and in exchange they read the same amount of yours. This helps you get more reads in many ways. Firstly, you get the reads the other writer is giving you, then, if they like it, they’ll continue reading whenever you update the story, also, as that helps you increase your reads it also increases your story rank! So it’s easier for your story to get recommended to other people.
- Reviewers: On instagram you can find lots of accounts that review episode stories. Most of them have forms you have to fill in to get reviewed, but for some of them you can just ask them directly on their DM’s if they can review your story. Almost every one of them will then publish the review on their instagram feed, so other people will see it and read your story if they seem to like it! A lot of these accounts also do shoutouts/recommendations so they help a lot with that too!
- Readers: Once again, on instagram, there are plenty of episode readers who love reading new stories and sharing them on their instagram page. You can find some of them by searching “episode reader” on the instagram search bar and recommend them your stories! A lot of them will be glad to help you out, if not, you can always try with new people!
These are some ways of getting some reads that will certainly help you a lot. As I said before, you start like this but once you start getting more and more reads, episode will recommend your story to other readers as well as helping your story reach the top of the shelfs/rankings!
Read it out loud. If what you say doesn’t match what you’ve written, change it.
Better yet, get someone else to read it out loud as they won’t have any expectations on how it should sound.
Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not about story ideas or feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.