I need help naming the MC in my story!

Hello everyone !
I’m writing on here because I really need help finding a name for my MC , I’ve thought of quite a few and thought for a while that each of those would be the name , but I end up thinking of something that makes me go off them ! I think it’s because I want the name to be perfect and something that everyone will like . I wanted to choose something like Madison but then changed my mind when I learnt that it meant “ son of Matthew ‘ and saw some not very nice things being written about the name . I also liked Breanna but people are saying that’s too common and I’ve started to not like it as much anymore .
One name that I did like and really still love is Sophie because it’s soft and feminine . But I’m just worried that it may be too common , plus I’ve seen a story with a Sophie as the MC and I want my story to be original.
If you want to leave a suggestion I will give you a brief on my style of name : soft sounding and feminine , good meaning that isn’t negative , unique in the sense that it’s not a top name but it has to sound like an actual name , no place names or flower names and it has to not be too long and has to roll of the tongue smoothly . Sorry for my massive list / rant , but I hope you guys can help ! :joy::heart:

2 Likes

Hahaha you have a lot of conditions, here are a list of names, hope one is of your liking:

Briar
Brynn
Brietta
Cassia
Amara
Elena
Quinn
Phoebe
Malyn
Emilia
Sienna
Tessa
Nora
Mia

I have no idea the meanings but If you like one you can just search it up:)

Anali
Maily (or spelled Maylee, or Maely, etc.)
Hina
Aria
Heidi
Elayna
Alana

Lucia
Melanie (I’ve seen this one being used quite a bit)
Also you found use Sophie but spell it differently? Idk
Madeline
Callie
Emilia
Nina
Lana
June

I don’t know if you’ve already done this, but if you look up lists of girl names, you can scroll through 1000 “cute girl names” But other than that here are a few, you may like them, you may not.
Ivy
Elisabeth
The name Sophie really isn’t that common if you’re worried about that
Grace
Paisley
Brielle
Olive
Elle
If this helps, you’re welcome
If not, I’m sure you’ll find something you love, have a nice night:)

1 Like

Raine, Alina, Riya, Maya, Jolene, Celeste, Azura, Nova, Luna, Eli, Ellie, Isla

Evelyn, Noelle, Maisie, Madelyn, Bree, Layla, Caylee, Ruby, Willow :blush:

Thank you ! I really like Briar ! :slight_smile: x

1 Like

Thank you for all your suggestions ! Love Madelyn :heart:

1 Like

Really nice names , Ellie is very nice and rolls off the tongue :butterfly:

1 Like

Thank you for your help ! Brielle is beautiful :cherry_blossom:

Elodie
Daisy