I need help on this (math)(No longer needed)

Can someone help me with these problems? I’m stuck

The problems

3 Likes

Ooookay, I don’t really know what I’m doing here but-
Are any of these right?
First photo- Possibly 0.5 seconds but I’m least confident with that one.
Second photo- I believe it’s option B
Third photo- h(1) appears to mean “height per second” or something like that. :woman_shrugging:

I tried :rofl:

1 Like

The first one could be 0.1 seconds, if it’s as simple as just the 3/29. :thinking:
If just one of these is right- :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think I agree with this one :joy:
using velocity = distance/time we can substitute the values in to end up with 3/29 :sweat_smile:
But I am not sure if we need to do it the calculus way :sob: which I am terrible at .

1 Like

7 Likes

LMFAO that’s me with math too. I do know that someone who’s name is something michii can help u tho. She’s really good at math especially algebra :grin::+1:

2 Likes

I do not miss calculus at all. Let me take a crack at it and see what answer I get.

1 Like

For question one, you need to find the t values, which is where h (the height) equals to 0. To do this, since the equation given is not easily factorable, you need to apply quadratic formula. (I re-arranged the formula given to make it more clear)

You’re then left with two possible numbers, (-29+sqrt(1033))/-32 OR (-29-sqrt(1033))/-32
(-29+sqrt(1033))/-32 gives us the value of t=−0.0981349. This is not possible, time can’t be negative, so we discard this number.

Let’s try the other possible value, (-29-sqrt(1033))/-32 . This gives us the value of t=1.91063 or 1.911 rounded, this is the only possible solution.

To confirm this, lets plug the original equation into a graphing calculator.
As you can see, at t=1.911, the ball is at h=0.

Important: don’t write y, write h, and don’t write x, write t.

4 Likes

To find the maximum height of the ball given the formula, you need to find the max y value. To do this, find the first derivative of the formula given (let me know if you’re not sure how to do this).
h=-16t^2+29t+3
h’=32t-29
Set h to 0 and solve.
0=32t-29
29=32t
29/32=32t/32
29/32=t
The time where the balll is at its highest is 0.906. Plug this number into the original equation
h=-16(0.906)^2+29(0.906)+3
h=16.140624 or h=16.141 rounded.
The maximum height of the ball is 16.141 feet.
The answer is B.

As for the last question, look at the original formula. h(t)=-16t^2+29t+3. When you put a 1 instead of the t into the formula, it means instead of t, plug in 1 for t into the original equation and solve as normal.

Also, don’t hold me accountable if any of these are wrong, but to my best knowledge (and having done all 4 years of high school math), that’s what I believe the answer to be. Anyone who thinks I’ve made a mistake is free to correct me.

4 Likes

I think there was someone…@/Mitali_S I think, and she loved math
But she hasn’t been on the forums in forever :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Excuse my language please don’t report me but DAMNNNN

4 Likes

:joy: Mood

1 Like

Thank you @Matawrites @april_episode @Hellchaser @Butterfly_ep @Ebx

2 Likes

Did you ever find your answer?

I’m sorry if this is off topic and this might be a stupid question but I promise you that I’m not trolling. I can’t figure out how to create a post on this forum. I could reply to one but I can’t create one, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yeah I can only help with algebra 1+2 and PRE calc-

1 Like

Do you see this?

1 Like

Whatever forum area I go in to be a general or one of the others, I get the options to go search all of the other forums.

Tags, categories, top posts and the bell icon but I don’t see anything else on my screen.

Is that because I’m using an iPhone?

2 Likes

I don’t think that is what it is did you finish the beginners tutorial thingy

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think I ever took a beginner tutorial thing. I basically just went into my usual reading app went into settings and then hit forums. Where would I find the beginning tutorial thing?

1 Like