I need help to let readers choose their love interest's gender

I know how to allow the readers to choose their love interest’s gender. I added a flag based on what choice they clicked on (female or male love interest), however I ran into an issue when I was proof reading my story.
This is what I have coded:
NARRATOR
One more question, do you want a female or male love interest?
choice “I want a| bold |MALE| reset |love interest” {
gain boylove
} “I want a| bold |FEMALE| reset |love interest” {
gain girllove
}
if (girllove) {
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want to date a| bold |girl?
choice “YES, on with the story” {
NARRATOR
On with the story!
} “NO, let me choose again” {
goto boyorgirl
} elif (boylove) {
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want to date a| bold |boy?
choice “YES, on with the story” {
NARRATOR
On with the story!
} “NO, let me choose again” {
goto boyorgirl
}
}
I want to make sure that my readers didn’t accidentally tap on the wrong choice, which is why I allowed them to pick again just in case. However, when I pressed “I want a MALE love interest”, it directed me to “Are you sure you want to date a girl?” So no matter what I pressed, the follow up would always be “Are you sure you want to date a girl?” I’m not sure how to fix it. I added the flags, and they have been working.

you need labels! it won’t remember a choice until you go to the next episode. PM me and I’ll show you if you aren’t sure

1 Like

Here’s a good template for this (I used this in my story, works perfectly- it allows the reader to go back and change their choice if needed)

3 Likes

Thank you sooo much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad I can help :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.