I need help to stay motivated

I am writing a story and I am legit on the first episode not even close to done and I need help with motivation throughout my writing process. I already felt burnt-out trying to get through the coding and making sure it’s no mistakes, etc etc. So, It would help alot if you guys help me keep going and not get distracted. Thank you

9 Likes

Hey lovely :blob_hearts:
Don’t rush yourself, take a break often !! If you’ve planned it enough and you know it’s all ready to be written out. Then just leave it for a few days, and come back to it later on!
Read more stories, or actual books you enjoy. It gives you encouragement. Remember why you started babe ! :star_struck: (:

5 Likes

I have ADHD so I legit get distracted trying to stand up. LOL

as for coding though I understand why you need the motivation it’s a long and tedious process and if you’re not zooming you get discouraged

I would say the best advice I can give you is to first write it down by scene first so you can take it step by step and not think about everything else.

What I do is:

code as simplistic as I can like dialog and entering and exiting then I work by scene in order

you don’t have to do this way!

but this is what I do because it makes me feel like I get a lot more accomplished. LIKE I am but looking at it, it just looks like I did a ton, and it makes me happy and satisfied

3 Likes

Thank you, The coding is kinda throwing me off tho :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I tired this before and It helped but it made me write other stories and leave that one alone :joy:

2 Likes

OHH i know what your talking about I KNOW WHAT YOUR MEAN
LOL i actually cant help with that cause thats my biggest issue

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh thank god I thought I was crazy moving to new stories when I am not done with the main one :joy:

3 Likes

LOL yeah its a problem for everyone I thing other (Like me and you) its more of a struggle

thats why i low key never even finished 3 episodes :eyes: :eyes: :scream: :scream:

2 Likes

I can’t even get passed the first episode without me thinking : Maybe I should write a zombie book while writing a Romance book :joy:

I feel you,I always get distracted by everything. I can’t really stop my self from being distracted BUT when I do, I just put an alarm for myself. Idk if it’ll work for you, but that helps for me.

1 Like

If I feel like I’m loosing motivation, here’s what I do

Look at other posts from the pass about loosing motivation, it helps me think to myself more.
Read episode stories
Take at least a two day break and just stay off from coding

Hope this helps you! Also @Leoawn2, happy anniversary :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

I’ll try that thank you

1 Like

I totally forgot about my anniversary, Thank you and I will try to get back into reading episode stories that don’t need diamonds tho. :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I think a good thing to do is allow yourself to jump all over the place in terms of what you write and when. Sometimes I get really hung up if I sit down to write a specific scene, so I’ll just skip it and code a scene for later in the chapter, or even in the next chapter. It’s kind of like when you write an exam and you flip through it to start with the questions you know best.

I hate forcing myself to write a certain scene when I’m not in the mood for it, so I just write whatever I’m inspired by at that moment.

2 Likes

I never thought of it that way thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.