🦋 I need help understanding choices, points, branching, etc 🦋

Hi! I’m with you on that boat when i first started it was pretty difficult to understand, but no worries with time you’ll know how to. so, to start off with the basics like entering and exiting a scene you can look up on YouTube Joseph Evans he has in depth tutorials on how to code scenes properly and he is very easy to understand! but to give you the coding it’ll be

how to code entering and exiting

EXT. BEACH TROPICAL BASIC - DAY

@CHARACTERNAME enters from left to screen left
@CHARACTERNAME2 exits from right (I believe this is how you do it i cannot remember since I don’t use this haha)

now for spot placement its

@CHARACTERNAME stands screen center

and then on the preview There’ll be an option that says “show helpers” once you click on those, you’ll see an option for spot directing there you can move the characters wherever you want

then at the bottom it’ll say ‘copy’ and you’ll just copy and paste, and it should look like this

@CHARACTERNAME spot 0.315 262 333 in zone 1
@CHARACTERNAME moves to layer 3

and if you want them to do an animation You’ll just put

@CHARACTERNAME spot 0.315 262 333 in zone 1 AND CHARACTERNAME starts animation_name
@CHARACTERNAME moves to layer 3

now I’m sure you know this since you mentioned that you want to do cool things this is just the basics and I’m typing it just in case you don’t know

there are also guides on forums for a bit more of a complicated coding for example for me it’s a dressing game or allowing a player to choose their own names you can go to @Dara.Amarie and she has her own website which is super easy to understand because she also shows pictures

now onto how to create a forum with a question you will click on the three lines on the top of your screen I just click on latest post and on there it’ll give you an option on creating a ‘+new topic’ there you can ask any question you want but make sure its under the right tags I just found this post and they give you a complete guide on forums

the guide on how to use forums

New Forums Member Guide 🙂

I hope this all helps AND I wish you the best of luck on your story and i bet itll be amazing!! :blob_hearts: :blob_hearts:

1 Like