I need help w/ something

So for my story I want to make a tappable button type thing that once the reader reading my story taps on the button then I’ll start the story so does anyone have a template for something like that? And also, how would I code something like what I said above? I’ve never done overlays before so I’m not sure how I would be able to do something like I said above. Please help!

1 Like

Dara’s website explains it in detail.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the link you sent me so is there a template or something I can use for what I’m talking about above?

1 Like

The link explains how you code tappable overlays.
You will also need to upload your button overlay.
You code it basically like a choice, but instead of “choice”, you write “tappable”

Example:

tappable
“YOUROVERLAYNAME” {

}
(if you have more than one button you just add them like you do with choices)

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation but I still don’t understand how to do overlays.

1 Like

have you ever uploaded an overlay???

1 Like

No :joy:

1 Like

Do you have any specific images you’re planning on using for the overlay? If so, go to the Art Catalog and upload it there under the Overlay category.

1 Like

Go to art catalog and then overlays, then you choose “upload your overlay”
overlays are png images and then can’t be bigger dan 1MB.

1 Like

Once you upload your overlay, you can put it into your story. You’ll have to wait for it to get approved though before you publish. Then just use the template fazziale sent.

2 Likes

I have a question, how do I make the image I wanna use for the overlay below 1MB?

1 Like

compress your image in the png section

Here’s the loading screen for the website you sent me and at the top of the screen it says choose different image sizes at the top but which one do I choose?

1 Like

And then I sized my image I want to use and I went to the Art Catalog and here’s what my screen looks and I’m so confused about what I’m supposed to do now on the Art Catalog

1 Like

It’s basically asking how much you want to size it. They’ll save it that way for the image. Every time you use that overlay from now on, it’ll be that size. Once you go into story, you can rescale however you want.

Oh ok.

Also, when working on your story, you will place it and resize how you want it to be and were you want it to be. You do it in the “preview”.

1 Like

How do I place and resize the overlay in the preview?

1 Like

This might help. Basically, shifts to is for placing, and scale is the size.

1 Like