I need help... What is @ZONE?

I don’t know what it means and how to do it…

I think what you mean is:

@cut to zone 1/2/3

It basically is the code to cut to another zone, or 1/3 of a certain spot in your background. You just have to add the above coding and the camera angle will change :grin: :v:

If there’s any confusion about writing 1/2/3, do not literally write that code. Write this -->>

@cut to zone 1
OR
@cut to zone 2
OR
@cut to zone 3

Note: You can also @cut to zone 4 in some Episode provided backgrounds, but in default backgrounds, the max. would be 3 zones when you upload your own background. If you do however @cut to zone 4 in backgrounds uploaded to YOUR account, the camera angle would be seen as a black screen, which means you can have a character walk to zone 4.

Examples:

Zone 1

Zone 2

Zone 3

Zone 4

If any of this was confusing, don’t hesitate to tell me. I’ll try to explain it more broad or narrow if you need. Hope this clears everything up! :grin: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

The Episode Beginners Guide page 17 goes over zones in detail. This should fill in any remaining questions you may have. :slightly_smiling_face:
https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/guides

Thanks this was a big help! c:

Moved to Directing Help & Tips as that’s where scripting questions live, closing as the original question seems to have been answered :slight_smile: