I need help with 2 characters bumping into each other

I am trying to make 2 characters walk into each other both coming from the opposite direction, but my coding isnt working.

2 Likes

can you show me your script? anyway this video of Mary is what you are looking for and it helps a lot.(:

1 Like

I will write down what i wrote, or an example i guess because its to long. Here just an idea of what i wrote.

@CH1 spot 1.280 160 0 in zone 1
@CH2 spot 1.280 160 0 in zone 2

&CH1 faces right
&CH2 faces left

@pause for a beat

It is kinda long of a script, but i need them to both walking into eachother at the same time and bump into eachother at the time using the shove animation.

1 Like

What you need to do is spot your characters outside of the screen on opposite sides,

@CHARACTER1 is spot … in zone …
@CHARACTER2 is spot … in zone …

Then, you need them to bump into each other in the middle. So now you spot direct your characters to where you want them to bump into each other.

@CHARATCER1 walks to spot … in zone…
@CHARACTER2 walks to spot … in zone …

But when they meet you want them to bump into each other, so write:

@CHARATCER1 walks to spot … in zone… then CHARACTER1 is animation
@CHARACTER2 walks to spot … in zone … then CHARACTER2 is animation

So right after they get to their second spot, it’s then followed by the animation which in ur case would be shove. If you wanted the characters to run on screen instead, you can write it like:

@CHARATCER1 walks to spot … in zone… and CHARACTER1 does it while run_athletic_loop then CHARACTER1 is animation

@CHARACTER2 walks to spot … in zone … and CHARACTER2 does it while run_athletic_loop then CHARACTER2 is animation

You can also make them do these commands at the same time, by combining them with AND.

Hope this made sense, I wish I could test it for you but my laptop broke :poop:

1 Like

Sorry for your laptop, but thanks for your help again

1 Like

No worries, good luck writing :love_letter:

This worked for me :

@CHAR1 enters from right to spot **Spot1** AND CHAR2 enters from left to spot **Spot1** AND CHAR2 is run_athletic_neutral_loop AND CHAR1 is run_athletic_neutral_loop

@CHAR2 is fall AND CHAR1 is react_startled_surprised

So this is the code for two characters running and bumping into each other.
You basically need the characters go to the same spot from different directions (one comes from the right and the other from the left) and then use the animations to make them react.