I need help with a script (:

I have this background made by the amazing @FlowerGriefer, which I resized to fit 3 zones…

Click Me To See The Background!

I am also using these overlays also by the amazing @FlowerGriefer

Click Me To See The Overlays!

Then I have 1 female character that I need to be sitting in the back of the Taxi who’s head & shoulders would be visible through the taxi’s back window & 1 male/female character that I need sitting in the front who’s head & shoulders would be visible through the taxi’s front window (:

I am asking if anyone can help me with getting the taxi with the 2 characters inside to move together through zone 1…

• stops outside the door of the building the character in the back of the taxi’s gets out
  • enters the building but comes out again seconds later
  • gets back in the taxi and then taxi drives off the screen through zone 3

I will be grateful for any help given, I keep getting confused by YouTube videos etc (:

Tags (Sorry if u didn't want to be tagged)

@anon6748744 @Farah_DeSantis

1 Like

Hi! I can help you if you want :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Any help would be appreciated (:

Of course! All you have to do is get the characters to “walk” in sync with the taxi, even though they’ll be sitting the whole time.

What I do when coding something like this is place the taxi in a starting position. Let’s say that position is spot 100 100 in zone 1. Then you’ll place your characters in their starting position as well, let’s say spot 80 80 in zone 1.

Then you’ll move the taxi to it’s finishing position, let’s say spot 100 100 in zone 2. Do the same for the characters, ie. spot 80 80 in zone 2.

Now you’ll link them together using a moving/walking timestamp. So it’ll look something like this.

&CHARACTER spot 80 80 in zone 1
@overlay TAXI spot 100 100 in zone 1

&CHARACTER walks to spot 80 80 in zone 2 in 3 AND CHARACTER does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop
@overlay TAXI shifts to spot 100 100 in zone 1 in 3

Make sure the bolded numbers match! This is the most important part to making it happen in the same time. You will also need to have your characters use the “walk” command, but if you code it with a non-walking animation (ie. any sitting animation) they will just glide, and make it look like they are in the car.

Does that kind of make sense?

1 Like

Thank u so much, I’ll try it (:

How do u want credits (:

No credits needed! Just let me know if it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank u so much, I’m just adding it to the script (:

1 Like

It hit some errors (:

• &MIRABELLE spot 80 80 in zone 1 = Not a valid directing command

• @TAXI_YELLOW-BLACK spot 100 100 in zone 1 = Not a valid directing command

• Use the word ‘in’ before specifying location

• @TAXI_YELLOW-BLACK shifts to spot 100 100 in zone 1 in 3 = Not a valid directing command

My script reads =

@transition fade in 2

EXT. EPI BANK_NIGHT with TAXI_YELLOW-BLACK & TAXI DOOR_YELLOW-BLACK

@cut to zone 1

&MIRABELLE spot 80 80 in zone 1
@TAXI_YELLOW-BLACK spot 100 100 in zone 1

&MIRABELLE walks to spot 80 80 in zone 2 in 3 AND CHARACTER does it while idle_sit_neutral_loop
@TAXI_YELLOW-BLACK shifts to spot 100 100 in zone 1 in 3

I just made up those spots as an example! You’ll have to physically place them on screen yourself to make sure they all line up haha. You’ll also have to have the word “overlay” before every instance of “TAXI_YELLOW-BLACK”.

1 Like

Yep, just trying to get them to show on the preview so I can move them (:

Ah, gotcha. Typically to just get them to show on screen I’ll just do “MIRABELLE stands screen center” and then resize them from there.

You’ll also have to change the “CHARACTER” in this instance to MIRABELLE otherwise you’ll get an error.

1 Like

Thank u (:

1 Like

I add to what was said anove that you need to set all rhe characters and overlays to layers to be sore the taxi will be infront of them.

I will send you link where are layers explained

1 Like

Thank u (:

1 Like

Can I just ask, how do u get the overlay(s) to show up on the preview screen via a simple code?

For a character its something similar to = @CHARACTER enters from left to screen left

@overlay NAME create
@overlay NAME opacity 1 in 0

1 Like

Thank u (:

overlays explained in detail here:

1 Like