👗 I need help with an arrow dressing game. 👗

I’d like to ask how you can make a choice to be remembered which is based in a dressing game and the game is also not the standard one - the outfits are changing by clicking on left and right arrows. On that template is used point system. I tried changing the script a little bit so the choices of picking an outfit by the reader can be remembered for a few chapters ahead, (My dressing game is on chapter 7 and I want to reuse these outfits in chapter 10). The outfit either changes to the one I haven’t choosen or it doesn’t change at all. I’m going to paste the original script which I mainly used about this mini-game. If there are also another possibilities of remembering the outfits by using gains or else, I’d like to try it too. This is my first time trying to figure it out how does it work, and I have gone trough another tips but same results. Most of them are related to the basic dressing type of game and it has differences I suppose, My question is: How can I make these 5 outfits to be remembered in the latest chapter… despite what the reader has choosen so far?

SCRIPT:

#ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 5 OUTFITS {

&ui LEFT_ARROW create and ui LEFT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW shifts to 7 187 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0

&ui RIGHT_ARROW create and ui RIGHT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW shifts to 250 187 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0

&ui CHOOSE2 create and ui CHOOSE2 scales to 0.4 0.4 in 0 and ui CHOOSE2 shifts to 75 110 in 0 and ui CHOOSE2 opacity 0 in 0

tappable

“LEFT_ARROW” {

&ui CHOOSE2 opacity 0.8 in 0.1

goto tap_outfit_5

} “RIGHT_ARROW” {

&ui CHOOSE2 opacity 0.8 in 0.1

goto tap_outfit_1

}

label tap_outfit_1

@ABBY =1

################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT ###############

@ABBY changes into ABBY_UNIFORM1

tappable

“LEFT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_5

} “RIGHT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_2

} “CHOOSE2” {

goto tap_outfit_choose

}

label tap_outfit_2

@ABBY =2

################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT ###############

@ABBY changes into ABBY_UNIFORM2

tappable

“LEFT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_1

} “RIGHT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_3

} “CHOOSE2” {

goto tap_outfit_choose

}

label tap_outfit_3

@ABBY =3

################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT ###############

@ABBY changes into W_UNIFORM3

tappable

“LEFT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_2

} “RIGHT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_4

} “CHOOSE2” {

goto tap_outfit_choose

}

label tap_outfit_4

@ABBY =4

################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 4TH OUTFIT ###############

@ABBY changes into ABBY_UNIFORM4

tappable

“LEFT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_3

} “RIGHT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_5

} “CHOOSE2” {

goto tap_outfit_choose

}

label tap_outfit_5

@ABBY =5

################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 5TH OUTFIT ###############

@ABBY changes into ABBY_UNIFORM5

tappable

“LEFT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_4

} “RIGHT_ARROW” {

goto tap_outfit_1

} “CHOOSE2” {

goto tap_outfit_choose

}

label tap_outfit_choose

&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE2 opacity 0 in 0.1

@ABBY is primp_neutral

NARRATOR

|italic| Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?

choice

“Yes!” {

readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit

@ABBY is kiss_blow_happy_atcamera

} “No, let me try the others” {

&ABBY starts idle and ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE2 opacity 0.8 in 0.1

if (ABBY =1) {

goto tap_outfit_1

} elif (ABBY =2) {

goto tap_outfit_2

} elif (ABBY =3) {

goto tap_outfit_3

} elif (ABBY =4) {

goto tap_outfit_4

} else {

goto tap_outfit_5

}

}

#ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 5 OUTFITS }

You can use the points to remember the outfits! So:

if (CHAR =1) {
@CHAR changes into Outfit 1

}

If you’re needing it for something specific or remembered later down the line (several episodes later) you can label the outfits differently/create a new “character” for a new point system.

Gains are a bit trickier since a reader can’t “lose” them but you can also use gains after the dressing game so something like:

if (CHAR =1) {
gain Outfit_1_Episode_1
}

It’s all honestly going to depend on what you need it for and how far into the story you need it remembered. But I hope this helps some. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’ll just add that if you use the point system, remember to not use the same points in chapters 8-9-10 on anything else because it will confuse the outfit script you used in 7.
So if you have:
if (ABBY =1) {

} elif (ABBY =2) {

} elif (ABBY =3) {

} elif (ABBY =4) {

} else {
#here is outfit 5 so ABBY=5
}

don’t reuse the points 1-5 on ABBY in the chapters for anything else (other outfit game or any point system) until chapter 10 when you have the outcome for them (showing up in the outfit that reader chose in chapter 7).

Idk if you have point system in general in your story, but in my case when I have points for character, I normally create another one and name it OUTFIT for this purpose, then it will not get messy with the characters.

Seems obvious, but I thought I’ll point out those things for the future reference.

1 Like

Yes. That’s why I said it would depend on when they use it. And why I offered a points version and a gains version. Perhaps I should have been more detailed. :sweat_smile:

And I’ve used the arrow dressing game a lot so I’m very familiar with how the points work for it.

1 Like

no worriesss girl, I just replied to your comment as a reference to what I’m talking about :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.