I need help with an ex!

So my main character is guy thats like reserved/closed off and hes like that from a past relationship and i feel like its an overused topic by saying she left him for another guy or cheated on him, so can anyone help with an idea?

4 Likes

An idea for the story? I can help

i have a good idea alrdy at least i think its a good one im just confused because the LI (the guy) doesn’t believe love is real anymore after a past situation and i think its an overused topic saying his girlfriend cheated or something like that so i need an idea for that area

1 Like

Oh okay. Maybe he thought he found the love of his life and he couldn’t be with her for some reason. Maybe she moved away before they could finally be together?

1 Like

hmm
a simpler reasoning would he they simply had different dreams
or they just didn’t click after a while and decided it was best to part
maybe he saw her true colors and realized she’s just a mena person who is selfish

1 Like

thank you so much!! that rly helped

1 Like

thank u!!

2 Likes

You’re welcome

1 Like

maybe a toxic relationship?

2 Likes

I thought about a toxic relationship, too. Like the girl is not the way she seems to be… And is easily getting jealous of other girls who are just best friends with him. (And kinda possessive.)

2 Likes

What if his ex had died? Not murdered or anything, but car accident, sudden, severe illness (Adam Nimoy’s wife was diagnosed with cancer like a month after they were married and she died within that same year.) or aneurysm or previously un-diagnosed heart condition. (Richard Biggs, who was otherwise perfectly healthy, got out of bed one morning and just dropped dead.) or anaphylactic shock (severe fatal reaction from allergy, commonly food allergies like peanuts or strawberries or shellfish), or she was in the military (and he was not) or some other high risk profession like fire fighter, police.

What if she realized that she was gay and had been living in denial of herself all those years? It’s not really either partner’s fault, but it happens. People try to conform, whether it feels right or not, then reach a point where they can’t deny it any longer.

What if they had been separated by physical distance, and the lack of contact put a strain on their relationship? No affair, just they found their affection waning.

What if she was afraid of commitment? Or felt the relationship was going too fast too soon?
(My ex, Stevie, broke up with me on our anniversary, while out on a date to see her favourite band. There was no affair; she hadn’t met anyone else. But I was very much in love and talking marriage. I’d even asked my dad to get my - late - mom’s engagement ring which she’d left me in her will in preparation to propose. Only to have her tell me we couldn’t see each other again. Maybe she got scared. Maybe she didn’t want to get tied down so young (early 20s), but she could tell I was getting serious about us.) It may also be due to the fact she had a history of abuse, and had some shit to work out first. I’ll never know because she ghosted me shortly after the breakup.) * feel free to use these details in your story if you wish, just change the names.

4 Likes

thank you so much for those ideas, they really helped!!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Feel free to DM any time you want help with a story issue (writing, not coding. I suck at coding.).

Best,

GRH

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.