I need help with coding a scene (INK)

Hello and thank you for your time.
I’ve probably seen this before in some other author’s stories, but still can’t really understand how to pull this off.
So what I’m talking about is a scene which starts with zoom in and a character (in my story it is a girl who’s standing near her locker and doing an animation “tinker_loop_rear”). Then I add “zoom out” to the script, and as it zooms out, two more characters appear who also stand with their backs to the viewer and look at character number 1. And after that these two characters come to the first one and I re-insert the zoom.
The thing is I don’t know how to put those two characters and what to do with them so they don’t show until needed.
Sorry if I did not clearly describe everything.

You’d have to have those two characters spotted off screen first on either side (I’m assuming you want one on the left and one on the right):

@CHAR2 spot s x y in zone # AND CHAR2 faces left AND CHAR2 is idle_rear AND CHAR2 moves to layer # AND CHAR3 spot s x y in zone # AND CHAR3 faces right AND CHAR3 is idle_rear AND CHAR3 moves to layer #

The zoom and characters observing CHAR1:

&zoom on x y to % in s
@CHAR2 walks to spot s x y in zone # in s AND CHAR2 faces left AND CHAR2 does it while idle_rear AND CHAR3 walks to spot s x y in zone # in s AND CHAR3 faces right AND CHAR3 does it while idle_rear THEN CHAR2 starts idle_rear AND CHAR2 faces left AND CHAR3 starts idle_rear AND CHAR3 faces right

I don’t exactly know what you mean by this though. :sweat_smile:
If you mean the camera zooms back onto CHAR1, then you’d just move CHAR2 and CHAR3 in reverse so you’d replace their “walks to” position with the “spot” position and vice versa, as well as change the zoom.

If you mean that they actually approach CHAR1 then:

&zoom on x y to % in s
@CHAR2 walks to spot s x y in zone # in s AND CHAR2 does it while walk_rear AND CHAR2 faces left AND CHAR3 walks to spot s x y in zone # in s AND CHAR3 does it while walk_rear AND CHAR3 faces right THEN CHAR2 starts animation AND CHAR2 faces right AND CHAR3 starts animation AND CHAR3 faces left AND CHAR2 moves to layer # AND CHAR3 moves to layer #

LEGEND:

s = scale.
x = x coordinate.
y = y coordinate.
% = percentage size.
# = zone/layer number.

I hope this helps. :blush:

2 Likes

Here’s the script I used:

open

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY
@cut to zone 3
@zoom on 736 209 to 157% in 0
&ARIANA spot 0.690 134 239 in zone 3 and ARIANA faces left and ARIANA is tinker_loop_rear and ARIANA moves to layer 0
@STACY spot 1.189 34 -63 in zone 3 AND STACY faces left AND STACY is idle_rear AND STACY moves to layer 1
@DAISY spot 1.213 275 -80 in zone 3 AND DAISY faces right AND DAISY is idle_rear AND DAISY moves to layer 2
@pause for a beat
@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 1.5

And the other two girls show up on the screen anyway.
I don’t want the other two girls walk into the scene like in your second script, I want them to just be standing and observing the first char, like they’re on the other side of the room.

That code should allow you to zoom out and have the two girls observing “enter”/slide into the screen whilst they have their back to the camera as long as you have them spotted on each side just outside of zone 3 first.

Is this what you what you’re to do? Or am I misinterpreting how you want your scene? :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.