I need help with coding! (OD)

I create this thread since I suck with coding, sometimes I need specific help and it’s difficult to find it :((

Everything will be public, so feel free to use parts of the script and adapt it to your story. I really hope you help me, I will reply with my errors/concerns on the replies <3

2 Likes

Does anyone knows how to fix this? I blured the dialogue since it’s part of the story…

Sorry if the script it’s a mess, I suck at coding :rofl:

2 Likes

check the overlay code in line 6 either remove it or change it to @overlay KELCAR moves to layer -5

note: I take coding classes privately but its paid dm me if u want to know more. I can teach you in a easy way.

2 Likes

thank you for the help!! I can’t pay rn but I hope you find someone <3

2 Likes

Yep ofc glad to be of help!

2 Likes

Does anyone knows how to zoom to @zoom on 517 537 to 264% in 0?

I want like a slow zoom… idk how to explain it

1 Like

The last 0 (in 0) is the time. Change that to the number of seconds you want the zoom to last :relaxed:

2 Likes

Sorry! I don’t even know how to explain this in my native language, so I found a gif

1 Like

This will help :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

thank you <333333

2 Likes

I feel so dumb,but I need her to enter from screen right to a specific spot…

idk how to do it :((( I want her to do that while she is facing left and walking exhausted

1 Like

Okay so you need to put all of that on one line.

I usually spot the entry point too, so the scale doesn’t change.

so your code should look something like this:

&KEL spot (some spot out of screen from the direction you want the person to enter.)
@KEL walks to spot 1.250 271 6 in zone 2 in 3 (or how many seconds you want to action to take) AND KEL starts walk_exhausted_loop THEN KEL starts (whatever animation you want here).

2 Likes

Thank you a lot!!! It worked

2 Likes

Happy to help :two_hearts: :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m really happy!!! I tend to be dumb but I learn quickly once someone explains things to me…

so thank you, it means a lot :heartpulse:

2 Likes

We’re all pretty much clueless when we start with episode :sweat_smile: you’re definitely not dumb! :two_hearts:

Searching for answers and reaching out will only help you improve that much faster.

I spent a lot of time on youtube when I was learning as well as here on the forums and I am still learning for every new episode I put out.

2 Likes

Me too!! I remember Joseph Evans :rofl: the problem is that the tutorials tend to be general and sometimes I have specific concerns :((

Like this… I wanted to show their actions before the conversation but it doesn’t appear (this scene starts with Desiree talking)

1 Like

Add a second or 2 second pause :smiley:

@pause for 2

under all your &

2 Likes

I totally get what you mean, though. :sweat_smile: :smiley:

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to include the “support the author” option at the end?

I won’t include gems in my story but maybe some people want to support me…