I need help with my code

I wanted my character to move at the same time as the overlay it all worked then this warning came up what do I do to make it not say this?

You actually already scaled that, so you can just delete line 1021.

1 Like

Thank u so much that worked

1 Like

Separate the overlay and Rylee line.
Put the overlay codes by themselves and make a new line with the Rylee one.

@overlay HOOD shifts…
@overlay HOOD scales…

&RYLEE walks to…

1 Like

Thank u I did do that at first but I needed them to work together and found it worked better like it is :blush:

1 Like

Yes they will work together in separate lines if you use & instead of @ for the character commands.

Keep in mind using & allows the script to progress while it’s happening so if you want something to happen first then the other you can use a timing like

pause for #
The @ symbol
Or the THEN command

1 Like

Okie thank you so much I will do

1 Like

Np! :slight_smile:

Can I ask I keep getting this error but It doesn’t say anywhere else that I have done this what can I do to fix it

Because Dad is in all caps, it’s recognizing “DAD” as another character. To avoid this, you can format your dialogue in a different way. For the top line with character, press tab twice and for the bottom line without a character, press tab once.
Example:

1 Like

Ahh okie thank u so much

1 Like

Ofc! Good luck with your story :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :grin:

1 Like

You can also keep Dad in all caps, as long as the sentence has punctuation at the end :wink:

And remember to censor your swear words so you don’t get in trouble

1 Like

Oops yea I keep forgetting I have to do that thank u :joy::joy:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.