I need help with my game menu { FIXED }

So i made a game menu for my story but i get a script error. It says ‘’ unexpected DIALOG : ‘‘START’’{

@overlay START create from SILVER BUTTON AND overlay START shifts to 30 397 in zone 1
@overlay CUSTOMIZE create from SILVER BUTTON AND overlay CUSTOMIZE shifts to 33 236 in zone 1
@overlay SKIP create from SILVER BUTTON AND overlay SKIP shifts to 36 82 in zone 1

label GAME_MENU

tappable
‘‘START’’{

goto START
}’‘CUSTOMIZE’’{

goto CUSTOMIZE
}’‘SKIP’’{

goto SKIP
}

label CUSTOMIZE
#here will come your customation tempelates.
NARR
Customize
goto GAME_MENU

label START
#here will your episode begin
NARR
Start

label SKIP
#End of episode
NARR
Skip

Here is my script

I believe just like a normal choice you have to have some kind of dialogue first. But I’m new to coding so I could be mistaken :sweat_smile:

no, i watched a video on youtube but she didn’t use a dialogue for this. i followed every step . this is the link … EPISODE: How to create a GAME MENU - YouTube

@Dara.Amarie

Try tagging @Farah_DeSantis or @anon6748744 instead since they help people a lot with coding (:

Can you post a screenshot?

I dont see problem with the script… the error usually points to specific line so pls show us screenshot.

You need dialogue before the choice, specifically before “tappable.”
It’s most common to put a narration bubble there with the choice question e.g:

NARR
Question here (dialogue).
tappable

etc.

thats not true you need it before choice but tappable work without dialogue above it too

the problem is as it seems to me in the “ ( I dont know how is this sign called in english)

you have some weird wide one more looking like a 2 single ‘

1 Like

Okay, I’ll take your word for it. :heart:

1 Like

They’re quotation marks/speech marks.
@Precious.t I think what Farah is referring to is that you don’t have the right speech marks in your script.

2 Likes

yes i have no other " so i copied your " and it worked

2 Likes

It is very possible to not have dialog before tappables. My story is full of them :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.