I need help with REMEMBERING TAPPABLES. please!

So, I used tappable clothing overlays for my story, but it seems as if the script can’t remember those tappables as the usual choices. I’ve scrolled through the website and found another one who had the same issue and she solved this problem with using gains.

The problem is: If only gains are possible, is there a way to reset the gains again? Because in my story you NEED to find the correct outfit in order to move on with the story, otherwise you will be kicked back to the start or the label. If I use gains, this won’t work.

I don’t know if anyone is there to help me, but please please please I need it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Apes or @lanafrazer_episode could possibly help? I’m not sure I can help you out.

1 Like

If I’m thinking correctly, you will need to put a choice inside the tappable choice to ask the reader if they’re sure they want to pick that outfit. If yes you can insert the gain in that choice. If no, you can put a goto to return to the start.

label outfit_choice

tappable “Outfit 1”{ << This will be your overlay name
NARRATOR
Are you sure?
choice
“Yes”{
gain outfit_1 << change the gain to whatever you want
}
“No”{
goto outfit_choice
}
}
“Outfit 2”{
NARRATOR
Are you sure?
choice
“Yes”{
gain outfit_2
}
“No”{
goto outfit_choice
}
}

1 Like

that’s not actually what I meant, but thank you though!

so in my script/story I want it like that - it’s like a mini game:
To test out if they know the love interest enough, they need to change into the correct outfit for that. I made 4 different outfits and made them as overlays. I placed them into the room and the MC needs to click on one of the outfit.
If the MC chose the correct outfit, she was able to manage to game and can move on with the story and reach the goal. If not, there appears a “You failed”-button and the reader gets back to the beginning of the scene - so the MC needs to restart that mini game.

BUT, if I use gains the story progress/the gains of the “fail” doesn’t get removed and the reader is never able to pass the quest if they failed once. Normally I’d use the choice technic just like “remembering outfits”
(choice (OUTFIT_LOVE)
“Dress 1”…

if (OUTFIT_LOVE is “Dress 1”)…
)
, but it seems as if this doesn’t work for tappable choices! that’s why I need a solution :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Oh I see what you mean! Perhaps try the point system. Make a character and name them OUTFIT when they click on the correct one put @OUTFIT +1 and carry on with the script. If they guess wrong just send them back to the mini game label to try again :thinking:
I’ve never used points but you can read about it :point_down:

1 Like

omg you are right!! i haven’t thought of using that method here! :heart_eyes: thank you so so much! :heart:

1 Like

Yay! You’re welcome :kissing_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.