I need help with representing or portraying a scene

I need to present a sexual abuse scene properly without offending people or anything. Just wanted to know what to avoid and what to add. Also this scene has a very big effect on the story line so it’s not a scene where I’m just gonna use to show how “brave” the LI is or smth :joy:

1 Like

Maybe add a skip button just in case some readers don’t want to see it happening?

1 Like

Yes I will add a warning and a skip option ofc!

I would recommend you give clear warnings & a skip option as has already been suggested. You might want to read the SA thread to gain more insight into what is considered triggering and problematic, so you are able to make an informed decision on what you want to include. Finally, I guess you have to go into it knowing that there is no way to please everyone. Inevitably, some people will dislike the SA element and you may attract criticism. It’s how you respond to that criticism that counts :heartpulse: Wishing you the best of luck

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

What I would really recommend is also messaging @/Tyler . He’s an official Episode reviewer and will let you know what is and isn’t allowed to be shown in a story with regards to sexual abuse as there are restrictions

1 Like